pop up box interrupts with "Are you still there?"

Anonymous
2020-03-30T12:50:53+00:00

I have more than one TEAMS tab open at a time, and other tabs as well.  I will switch back and forth between tabs.  Sometimes, when I switch back to a TEAMS tab, even if I've only been off that particular tab for a few minutes, a box pops up saying "Are you still there?" and there is a button saying "I'm Back".  This is the only option to make the box go away.  Once I click on the button, the whole TEAMS site resets, and interrupts what I was working on.  I am having a hard enough time trying to figure out TEAMS, without having the program purposely set me back like this.  I want to pull my hair out.  How can I stop it from popping up like this?  Is there a setting somewhere that I can change?  

Thank you

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-11T08:35:00+00:00

    I have exactly the same problem. When i click on 'i'm back' it reloads the page, and then almost instantly it says 'are you still there?' 

    As a result, i have not been able to do school. This problem needs fixing NOW

    (I use chrome)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-02-10T14:10:50+00:00

    This microsoft thing is just poorly made i found on google. My real name is jane  and im in 1st grade  im 7 and  it is so rude for. Art class in school i have to go to microsoft but it has pop up box are you still there it make want to break a window

     By jane

    :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-02-03T11:34:20+00:00

    nobody likes you and you have no friends 

    This text is for the "Are you still there" pop up

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-11-09T17:57:04+00:00

    I'm on a Chromebook, running Chrome.

    I only have two Microsoft tabs open, one for Outlook, one for Teams. Other non-MS tabs are open.

    I've been running this way for a while.

    I've never been able to open the Teams tab first, or, after an appropriate idle time, like overnight, the Outlook tab says I need to log in again, and I can't.

    The solution has been to open the Outlook tab, log in, and use the waffle button ctrl-Teams to open Teams in a new tab.

    Today, that doesn't work.

    Outlook opens, asks for a login, challenges with the Two-Factor SMS, and brings up Outlook.

    Opening the new tab to Teams doesn't work. I can't open it in an Incognito tab, either.

    The message on screen is "To re-enable the application the tab needs to be refreshed." and a button that says "I'm back". Tapping the button, refreshing, clearing cache, nothing makes a difference.

    I have Teams open on my Android phone, but I can't get it to open on the web on Chromebook.

    (On Android, the Chrome browser isn't supported. It says I need to use the app.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-05-02T13:55:18+00:00

    Just to be clear, just starting usihng the multiple window/tabs for Teams today.  Previously, only was using the desktop instance exclusively.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments