pop up box interrupts with "Are you still there?"

Anonymous
2020-03-30T12:50:53+00:00

I have more than one TEAMS tab open at a time, and other tabs as well.  I will switch back and forth between tabs.  Sometimes, when I switch back to a TEAMS tab, even if I've only been off that particular tab for a few minutes, a box pops up saying "Are you still there?" and there is a button saying "I'm Back".  This is the only option to make the box go away.  Once I click on the button, the whole TEAMS site resets, and interrupts what I was working on.  I am having a hard enough time trying to figure out TEAMS, without having the program purposely set me back like this.  I want to pull my hair out.  How can I stop it from popping up like this?  Is there a setting somewhere that I can change?  

Thank you

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-09T10:18:41+00:00

    This is a real issue for my team and myself, when using Teams for meetings, we often wish to open new tabs with documents/spreadsheets etc. The timeout appears, clicking it will kick you off a meeting which is incredibly frustrating and time-wasting. Please give us the option to disable this, as it is unecessary.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-21T14:50:45+00:00

    Just try opening 3-4 different Planner instances in 3-4 tabs and it immediately gives this message. Please get this fixed, there is no possible reason for this being useful to anyone!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-22T18:42:38+00:00

    Its so stupid i want to throw my ipad on the floor

    ugh

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-28T20:24:37+00:00

    please really fix the problem mutable months sense this message please don't just send robot messages

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-05-02T13:45:28+00:00

    I am having the same problem using Edge, Chromium version.  Been using desktop version for months and started running other window of Teams in the Browser to have multiple windows open.  This started up today.  Wondering if it is something in Chromium that is triggering it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments