Additional meeting and call-related features and issues within Microsoft Teams for Education
That would be great if you can provide those details!!! Thank you so much for your insight!!
Cristina
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Dear Microsoft,
Good day to you.
When we are using Microsoft Teams to hold a meeting/training, attendees will join or quit during the meeting occasionally. For example, 3 attendees join a meeting at 10:03 am, then 1 of them quit at 10:30. But the meeting ends at 11:00.
In this case, as the meeting administrator, it's hard to capture everyone's attendance record in a meeting for 100+ attendees. Now we are using a “stupid” method to screen capture the "currently in this meeting" list as an evidence for the attendance record. But as mentioned, it's hard to cover all, and what's worse, since we can only get a picture file, we need to type the attendees' info. in Excel manually, which is so time-wasting.
Is there a functionality available in Teams to record and export the real-time(or the overall) attendance directly and then we can download? Or is it in the development road-map of Teams?
Look forward to your reply.
Thanks & Best Regards,
Jasmine Lu
Additional meeting and call-related features and issues within Microsoft Teams for Education
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
That would be great if you can provide those details!!! Thank you so much for your insight!!
Cristina
The relevant settings have to be enabled on the back end before you receive the option to download attendance reports. MS making it available is only step 1. Your tenant admins will need to enable and configure other items before organisers will see it as an option. In a brief test you need to press it at the end of the meeting. If you reopen a meeting, the historic info is lost. I need to do more testing at some stage.
The ability to download attendance is also set at a per user basis, so someone has to provide a list of 'organisers' or as in our case we enabled it for everyone.
"Office 365 admins need to enable it manually. Importantly, the meeting attendance list can only be downloaded during the meeting for now:"
I know our admin had to use powershelgl to enable within a few places in the tenant, I will try and get the details, but in addition to O365, I think they had to do something if Skype as well. I'll try and get the detail.
EDIT: - some more info
"The feature is turned off by default, and Office 365 Admins need to set a Teams meeting policy to enable it. In addition, they can navigate to the Teams admin center > Analytics & reports > Usage reports to view additional meeting attendance data. If required, IT Admins can also assign the Report reader role for the meeting organizers so they can access the Teams admin reports themselves. We invite you to check out the official support page to learn more about how to turn on this feature."
Hope that helps
Only organizer of meeting can see arrow of download attendance
Hi Mrs. Rupali,
I was the organizer. Under "Adibah Khalid" it stated there 'Organizer'.
Regards,
Adibah
Dear ArielleMoore,
The arrow button to download does not appear in my teams.
To download attendance I have found that you have to be the organizer of the meeting to have that option.
Hi Darcy,
Yup, I was the organizer for the meeting. If you can see below "Adibah Khalid", status as 'Organizer'. I'm the organizer. :)
I think it's nothing to do with the computer that we are using. I'm from Malaysia. I was been told that the access will go live soon for Malaysian market. But don't know how soon is it.