How to Record Attendance in Microsoft Teams?

Anonymous
2020-03-18T04:56:39+00:00

Dear Microsoft,

Good day to you.

When we are using Microsoft Teams to hold a meeting/training, attendees will join or quit during the meeting occasionally. For example, 3 attendees join a meeting at 10:03 am, then 1 of them quit at 10:30. But the meeting ends at 11:00.

In this case, as the meeting administrator, it's hard to capture everyone's attendance record in a meeting for 100+ attendees. Now we are using a “stupid” method to screen capture the "currently in this meeting" list as an evidence for the attendance record. But as mentioned, it's hard to cover all, and what's worse, since we can only get a picture file, we need to type the attendees' info. in Excel manually, which is so time-wasting.

Is there a functionality available in Teams to record and export the real-time(or the overall) attendance directly and then we can download? Or is it in the development road-map of Teams?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Jasmine Lu

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for education | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-05-26T16:25:35+00:00

    Only organizer of meeting can see arrow of download attendance

    Hi Mrs. Rupali, 

    I was the organizer. Under "Adibah Khalid" it stated there 'Organizer'. 

    Regards, 

    Adibah

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-05-26T16:23:53+00:00

    Dear ArielleMoore, 

    The arrow button to download does not appear in my teams. 

    To download attendance I have found that you have to be the organizer of the meeting to have that option.

    Hi Darcy, 

    Yup, I was the organizer for the meeting. If you can see below "Adibah Khalid", status as 'Organizer'. I'm the organizer. :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-26T16:21:05+00:00

    I think it's nothing to do with the computer that we are using. I'm from Malaysia. I was been told that the access will go live soon for Malaysian market. But don't know how soon is it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-05-26T16:09:09+00:00

    Good to know "it works". Any advise beyond that setting that needs to be changed with Powershell? Just wondering since you mentioned it was a little complicated to configure... what other item needed to be enabled?

    Thanks in advance!

    Cristina

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-05-26T15:58:14+00:00

    Looks like it needs to be enabled with PowerShell first! See below link and read last line at the bottom.

    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/download-attendance-reports-in-teams-ae7cf170-530c-47d3-84c1-3aedac74d310?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

    Hi Cristina,

    correct, we enabled it yesterday, and it seems its a little complicated to configure (more than one item to enable), but today I have the option to download attendance records which is great.

    Hopefully it helps others.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments