How to Record Attendance in Microsoft Teams?

Anonymous
2020-03-18T04:56:39+00:00

Dear Microsoft,

Good day to you.

When we are using Microsoft Teams to hold a meeting/training, attendees will join or quit during the meeting occasionally. For example, 3 attendees join a meeting at 10:03 am, then 1 of them quit at 10:30. But the meeting ends at 11:00.

In this case, as the meeting administrator, it's hard to capture everyone's attendance record in a meeting for 100+ attendees. Now we are using a “stupid” method to screen capture the "currently in this meeting" list as an evidence for the attendance record. But as mentioned, it's hard to cover all, and what's worse, since we can only get a picture file, we need to type the attendees' info. in Excel manually, which is so time-wasting.

Is there a functionality available in Teams to record and export the real-time(or the overall) attendance directly and then we can download? Or is it in the development road-map of Teams?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Jasmine Lu

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for education | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-03-18T12:13:21+00:00

    Hi Jasmine Lu

    Thanks for your post in the community.

    Based on your requirement, I have done some researching and tests. In fact, it is not feasible currently. From your detailed description, I totally understand if the attendance recording was feasible, then it will take more convenience at meeting, training, working, etc. I can image that capturing the screenshot seems not a suitable method which will take your energy and precious time. There is nothing better than exporting the results about attendance directly, so I totally agree your thought. Therefore, I suggest you post your idea in UserVoice. Our product engineers will design and improve the product follow your requirement. We’re trying our best to give you a better experience. Any feedback is important to us.

    Your understanding and time will be highly appreciated.

    Regards,

    Joey

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-04-29T13:00:12+00:00

    It seems a bit hit and miss, and doesn't seem to work in the app, but when I am in the browser it looks a bit like this. The arrow pointing downwards - once you click it it downloads a cvs file - which seems to show the names - but the timestamp is just hashes. I haven't figured out at which point in the meeting you are able to download to get all of he names etc. whether it's when everyone is present or whether once everyone has left........ I have't had enough meeting to figure it out through trial and error yet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-04-29T16:53:26+00:00

    This has been a request for well over a year.  So presumably this will not be added to Teams.  I guess we need to keep using Skype?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-04-30T03:32:12+00:00

    Dear ArielleMoore, 

    The arrow button to download does not appear in my teams. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-04-23T18:54:28+00:00

    Have you been able to download attendance list  from the participants box once everyone has joined/ I was able to download and get an excel document - but the timestamp cell only showed hashes. I wonder if I needed to wait until after the meeting...... it does try to save as a .cvs file I think it was. It at least told me who was  present in the meeting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments