MS Teams keeps on switching to 'Away' even though I am still online

Anonymous
2020-08-14T10:13:42+00:00

For the past couple of weeks, Teams has been changing my online status to 'Away' (one of the yellow indicators) even though I am still online.

It will happen if I am using another application outside of Teams (multiple screens in use), or if I minimise Teams and also actually happens just 3 minutes after I post an IM in Teams !!

It's extremely irritating as statuses are an essential indication as to whether someone is about or not. And currently it looks like I am not, even though I am actively using my PC.

Windows 10  Enterprise 2004. Teams Ver: 1.3.00.19173 (64bit), last updated 28/07/2020 which also ties in with the length of time that I've noticed the error.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Mr. Trust_A 4,820 Reputation points
2021-08-05T20:53:26+00:00

Hi Brian-W & Everyone,

Early this year, a Microsoft employee provided an update on this topic in this similar thread: MS Teams changing constantly to "away" status

Please feel free to start a new post if you are still experiencing the issue so that the community users can render fresh help.

We will close this topic for now. Thanks for your understanding!

Regards,

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2020-12-15T11:04:46+00:00

    2-3 Weeks ago, it started to happen on my computer as well after I installed the 64bit Teams version. Beforehand I had the 32bit version installed on my computer. But of course, this can be a coincidence......

    It just happend again, during a Teams Meeting !!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-08T15:43:24+00:00

    I'm having the same issue and finding it infuriating. Especially during a pandemic when I'm working from home and my teammates are unable to see my whereabouts. I need them to know when I am actually available and actually away. 

    I have shut down and re launched teams. I have restarted my computer. I have manually changed my status to away and then back to try to force the appropriate behavior. I have shut down mobile teams and logged out completely, yet it's still happening. 

    My company help desk doesn't know how to fix it as its obviously a bug in the TEAMS app itself. Everything that this thread has said rings true (except, I don't believe that I have ever shown away to others and available to me) to my experience. 

    @Microsoft - HELP - When will there be a patch for this issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-08T16:07:18+00:00

    Ours corrected. Do you have Teams on your phone too? It might be a conflict...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments