MS Teams keeps on switching to 'Away' even though I am still online

Anonymous
2020-08-14T10:13:42+00:00

For the past couple of weeks, Teams has been changing my online status to 'Away' (one of the yellow indicators) even though I am still online.

It will happen if I am using another application outside of Teams (multiple screens in use), or if I minimise Teams and also actually happens just 3 minutes after I post an IM in Teams !!

It's extremely irritating as statuses are an essential indication as to whether someone is about or not. And currently it looks like I am not, even though I am actively using my PC.

Windows 10  Enterprise 2004. Teams Ver: 1.3.00.19173 (64bit), last updated 28/07/2020 which also ties in with the length of time that I've noticed the error.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Mr. Trust_A 4,820 Reputation points
2021-08-05T20:53:26+00:00

Hi Brian-W & Everyone,

Early this year, a Microsoft employee provided an update on this topic in this similar thread: MS Teams changing constantly to "away" status

Please feel free to start a new post if you are still experiencing the issue so that the community users can render fresh help.

We will close this topic for now. Thanks for your understanding!

Regards,

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-09T00:50:50+00:00

    Curious if those who have issues are using a dock?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-03T12:28:36+00:00

    Likewise, to many Users here, I am experiencing this problem.

    I am unable to use the Desktop version and so have started using the Web App saved as a local app through Edge. Teams will set my status to away when it is not set in the foreground every 5mins, I have to open teams and click for it to register me as available.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-02-24T14:57:31+00:00

    I'm having exactly the same issue - it was working fine for a few days and now suddenly moving to away evert 5 minutes....Really annoying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-12T10:16:55+00:00

    I've also been having this issue for a few months now, have never downloaded or used the phone app either.

    It really needs to get fixed.  All I have to do is not be actually clicked into the Teams window and it will set me to Away after about 5 or 10 minutes.  It's incredibly disruptive to work having to go back in habitually so it doesn't change over whilst I'm trying to do my job.  The Away setting is meant to have a purpose and it's not currently fulfilling it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments