MS Teams keeps on switching to 'Away' even though I am still online

Anonymous
2020-08-14T10:13:42+00:00

For the past couple of weeks, Teams has been changing my online status to 'Away' (one of the yellow indicators) even though I am still online.

It will happen if I am using another application outside of Teams (multiple screens in use), or if I minimise Teams and also actually happens just 3 minutes after I post an IM in Teams !!

It's extremely irritating as statuses are an essential indication as to whether someone is about or not. And currently it looks like I am not, even though I am actively using my PC.

Windows 10  Enterprise 2004. Teams Ver: 1.3.00.19173 (64bit), last updated 28/07/2020 which also ties in with the length of time that I've noticed the error.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Mr. Trust_A 4,820 Reputation points
2021-08-05T20:53:26+00:00

Hi Brian-W & Everyone,

Early this year, a Microsoft employee provided an update on this topic in this similar thread: MS Teams changing constantly to "away" status

Please feel free to start a new post if you are still experiencing the issue so that the community users can render fresh help.

We will close this topic for now. Thanks for your understanding!

Regards,

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-07T21:14:42+00:00

    I'm having the same issue.  Teams is running in the background, I'm working, status shows away and sometimes shows as offline.  This is problematic as my superiors use our status to know we are actually working.  Are you even working on this?  I notice there are many many people writing in with this issue and no response other than solutions that do not work or address the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-10T20:45:50+00:00

    I've been experiencing this for a few months now and it really is frustrating to have to click inside Teams every 5 minutes so that my co-workers know I am online.

    Is there no workaround for this? Or, is there a timetable for when this will be resolved?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-09T14:29:31+00:00

    I am not using a dock either.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-09T14:21:57+00:00

    @MarnieD01 Im not using a dock when I experience this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments