MS Teams keeps on switching to 'Away' even though I am still online

Anonymous
2020-08-14T10:13:42+00:00

For the past couple of weeks, Teams has been changing my online status to 'Away' (one of the yellow indicators) even though I am still online.

It will happen if I am using another application outside of Teams (multiple screens in use), or if I minimise Teams and also actually happens just 3 minutes after I post an IM in Teams !!

It's extremely irritating as statuses are an essential indication as to whether someone is about or not. And currently it looks like I am not, even though I am actively using my PC.

Windows 10  Enterprise 2004. Teams Ver: 1.3.00.19173 (64bit), last updated 28/07/2020 which also ties in with the length of time that I've noticed the error.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Mr. Trust_A 4,820 Reputation points
2021-08-05T20:53:26+00:00

Hi Brian-W & Everyone,

Early this year, a Microsoft employee provided an update on this topic in this similar thread: MS Teams changing constantly to "away" status

Please feel free to start a new post if you are still experiencing the issue so that the community users can render fresh help.

We will close this topic for now. Thanks for your understanding!

Regards,

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-25T21:22:26+00:00

    Could this be related to using Teams on the computer as well as on a phone app?

    I have a user experiencing the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-19T11:22:31+00:00

    Hi Brian,

    Thank you for sharing your update with us. We are highly appreciated your cooperation in our forum community.

    According to your mentioned description, if the issue has started on Teams after last update, please wait for new version update on Teams and try to check the result difference about "status changes" on Teams in next upcoming update.

    On the other hand, we totally understand your issue concern about Teams and we apologize for some inconvenience, but in this given situation, as a workaround we would like to suggest you please try to manually update the status on Teams.

    In meantime, we are also trying to search such of information from our end about this issue. If we have getting any known issue information or any other solution information regarding this issue, we will surely post back here the latest update information. We are highly appreciated your patience and understanding in our forum community.

    Regards,

    Darpan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-18T12:31:04+00:00

    Hi,

    I had to go back into MSConfig and re-enable some of the services, start-up items in order to use my PC.

    To be honest, I'm just trying to use Teams as part of a day to day activity of doing things that relate to my actual work and noticed that 'away' is extremely temperamental.

    I'll have to leave this 'fault' as is, I am able to try lots of things to see what's holding up a simple status indicator. Hopefully a later release of Teams will remedy this issue as it does only seem to have happened since the last Teams update a couple (3?) weeks ago.

    Cheers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-18T12:18:59+00:00

    Hi Brian,

    Thank you for sharing your update. We are highly appreciated your cooperation in our forum community.

    As per your mentioned description about "I've restarted the PC with a clean boot and I'm monitoring how it differs. Naturally this will take a while", if you are monitoring the issue, please feel free to know and provide us some updated information result so we can further analysis and assist you accordingly.

    Further, at once can we re-confirm from your side that whether this issue has started on Teams after updating Windows 10  Enterprise 2004?

    Regards,

    Darpan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments