Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
Tim
The link is still broken!!
Is anyone from Microsoft monitoring this?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Why doesn't MS Teams support multiple windows? It stands to reason that if you are on multiple chats, editing a file, and trying to join a meeting, you don't want to leave each ongoing action behind to go to the next, and shuffle around try to find where you left off in each section later. Even separate windows for chat would be a huge help, or allowing a meeting to launch a new window outside of Teams and leave whatever you were working on in the original window. Most people use multiple windows and multiple monitors to multi-task, and I'm surprised that the only way Teams seems to allow this is to run some of your windows out of a browser? Is there help coming to make this a more productive tool? This feels like a downgrade from Skye for Business...
Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Tim
The link is still broken!!
Is anyone from Microsoft monitoring this?
I totally agree with this. Or even better, make an option to documents open in different tabs within teams itself so it is easy to switch between them. I often work on projects where we work in different documents at the same time so this would be amazing
My overall impression of Teams is that it's cumbersome. Today, after about 2 weeks of growling at my monitor, I realized I miss tabs or windows I can easily switch between, to foreground things I need to view in quick sequence or side-by-side.
Let me multi-task once more!
I see this discussion began more than a year ago. Was this issue resolved? Can you now open multiple window in Teams? Really need this feature.
I see this discussion began more than a year ago. Was this issue resolved? Can you now open multiple window in Teams? Really need this feature.
Not yet. MS does now allow for Chats and meetings to be in their own windows, but you still can't have multiple windows open for he main app. :(