Multiple windows for MS Teams?

Anonymous
2019-10-10T14:11:14+00:00

Why doesn't MS Teams support multiple windows?  It stands to reason that if you are on multiple chats, editing a file, and trying to join a meeting, you don't want to leave each ongoing action behind to go to the next, and shuffle around try to find where you left off in each section later.  Even separate windows for chat would be a huge help, or allowing a meeting to launch a new window outside of Teams and leave whatever you were working on in the original window.  Most people use multiple windows and multiple monitors to multi-task, and I'm surprised that the only way Teams seems to allow this is to run some of your windows out of a browser?  Is there help coming to make this a more productive tool?  This feels like a downgrade from Skye for Business...

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-14T07:15:52+00:00

    This is full retard. That's supposed to be the best pro communication tool. 

    Right know I am a in a 4 hours meet with screen shared and I can't chat with another person to planify a important meet.

    I mean… 

    Skype, Discord, Slack, Hangout, Hipchat… All of thoses let people chat on another window during a call.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-22T18:00:53+00:00

    this is not acceptable.  You want Teams to be a business tool?  Started a meeting invite, added attendees, then realized I needed information from another Teams window.  Had to throw away the work I had completed so I could go get the information from another window in teams..

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-22T18:25:54+00:00

    We all feel the pain.  I keep Teams open in a browser, especially when I'm starting a meeting.  

    It seems like they forgot that they've been promoting "WINDOWS" for over 25 years.  Why can't Teams work in multiple WINDOWS?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-02T18:31:53+00:00

    The link shown above is broken.  I got an Error 404

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-10-08T12:11:37+00:00

    I am not sure, what tells more about the capabilities of Microsoft. That the issue from 2019 is still not solved or that the link to the vote to get this thing solved is broken.

    Guys, pls get your homework done. There are people out there that want to work with your solutions

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments