Multiple windows for MS Teams?

Anonymous
2019-10-10T14:11:14+00:00

Why doesn't MS Teams support multiple windows?  It stands to reason that if you are on multiple chats, editing a file, and trying to join a meeting, you don't want to leave each ongoing action behind to go to the next, and shuffle around try to find where you left off in each section later.  Even separate windows for chat would be a huge help, or allowing a meeting to launch a new window outside of Teams and leave whatever you were working on in the original window.  Most people use multiple windows and multiple monitors to multi-task, and I'm surprised that the only way Teams seems to allow this is to run some of your windows out of a browser?  Is there help coming to make this a more productive tool?  This feels like a downgrade from Skye for Business...

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-05-29T13:46:37+00:00

    You would think Microsoft uses Teams and their employees would be having these same problems. I have a document open and someone chats me. If I open the chat the document closes and I have to go find it and open it again when I'm done with the chat. This has to frustrate Microsoft employees too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-05-29T23:10:34+00:00

    Maybe they use Webex?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-30T00:26:50+00:00

    Ha ha ha

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-06-03T18:14:56+00:00

    Multiple window capability is essential.

    I would like to view a shared screen on one monitor, view the video feed of attendees on a 2nd one (great for getting reactions etc.), view the chat on a 3rd monitor.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-06-03T19:05:18+00:00

    Dear Microsoft, we don't care how you do it.  If you let us "Pop out" Channel Tabs and the Calendar like you did for Chats, that would be a great start.  I don't think we (the users) need to engineer this for you.  You just need to get It done.  There are thousands of bored students home for the summer.  At least some of them know how to write code.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments