Multiple windows for MS Teams?

Anonymous
2019-10-10T14:11:14+00:00

Why doesn't MS Teams support multiple windows?  It stands to reason that if you are on multiple chats, editing a file, and trying to join a meeting, you don't want to leave each ongoing action behind to go to the next, and shuffle around try to find where you left off in each section later.  Even separate windows for chat would be a huge help, or allowing a meeting to launch a new window outside of Teams and leave whatever you were working on in the original window.  Most people use multiple windows and multiple monitors to multi-task, and I'm surprised that the only way Teams seems to allow this is to run some of your windows out of a browser?  Is there help coming to make this a more productive tool?  This feels like a downgrade from Skye for Business...

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-04-30T17:12:55+00:00

    I was looking for how to open up multiple windows in Teams and came across this discussion.

    I understand that MS is working on a way to pop out chats separate from teams, but I still need multiple windows open at a time for enhanced functionality.  The chat feature is kind of a mess right now.  I'm getting meeting chats from meetings I've declined.  I'm missing 1:1 chats from my colleagues. 

    I'd also like to be on a Teams meeting/call and separately be able to open up a Teams window so I can look at that content and simultaneously view the content being shared in the Teams meetings.  This would allow me to be able to make comments from the other Teams window content I'm viewing to the meeting I'm currently viewing. 

    Despite the fact that some people are using mobile devices, I would say the mass majority of workers are working from laptops.  As I'm writing this, I'm working on a large screen monitor and have my laptop window open and have multiple window of content open.  Just can't do this in Teams which makes this platform not efficient for doing day to day work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2020-05-14T02:59:53+00:00

    Get on it, Microsoft. It's important. Having only one Teams window open at a time hinders everybody's workflow.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-05-29T13:36:06+00:00

    I agree that this is vital to the adoption of Teams. I am on Teams with multiple organizations. If I'm on a Teams conference call in one organization, I can't even go look at content from another one of the other organizations. I need the ability to view another Teams organization in a separate window, not just a chat for the current organization. PLEASE!

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments