Multiple windows for MS Teams?

Anonymous
2019-10-10T14:11:14+00:00

Why doesn't MS Teams support multiple windows?  It stands to reason that if you are on multiple chats, editing a file, and trying to join a meeting, you don't want to leave each ongoing action behind to go to the next, and shuffle around try to find where you left off in each section later.  Even separate windows for chat would be a huge help, or allowing a meeting to launch a new window outside of Teams and leave whatever you were working on in the original window.  Most people use multiple windows and multiple monitors to multi-task, and I'm surprised that the only way Teams seems to allow this is to run some of your windows out of a browser?  Is there help coming to make this a more productive tool?  This feels like a downgrade from Skye for Business...

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-05-30T00:26:50+00:00

    Ha ha ha

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-05-29T23:10:34+00:00

    Maybe they use Webex?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-29T13:46:37+00:00

    You would think Microsoft uses Teams and their employees would be having these same problems. I have a document open and someone chats me. If I open the chat the document closes and I have to go find it and open it again when I'm done with the chat. This has to frustrate Microsoft employees too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-05-29T13:36:06+00:00

    I agree that this is vital to the adoption of Teams. I am on Teams with multiple organizations. If I'm on a Teams conference call in one organization, I can't even go look at content from another one of the other organizations. I need the ability to view another Teams organization in a separate window, not just a chat for the current organization. PLEASE!

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-05-14T02:59:53+00:00

    Get on it, Microsoft. It's important. Having only one Teams window open at a time hinders everybody's workflow.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments