Multiple windows for MS Teams?

Anonymous
2019-10-10T14:11:14+00:00

Why doesn't MS Teams support multiple windows?  It stands to reason that if you are on multiple chats, editing a file, and trying to join a meeting, you don't want to leave each ongoing action behind to go to the next, and shuffle around try to find where you left off in each section later.  Even separate windows for chat would be a huge help, or allowing a meeting to launch a new window outside of Teams and leave whatever you were working on in the original window.  Most people use multiple windows and multiple monitors to multi-task, and I'm surprised that the only way Teams seems to allow this is to run some of your windows out of a browser?  Is there help coming to make this a more productive tool?  This feels like a downgrade from Skye for Business...

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-12-02T18:46:36+00:00

    I am not sure, what tells more about the capabilities of Microsoft. That the issue from 2019 is still not solved or that the link to the vote to get this thing solved is broken.

    Guys, pls get your homework done. There are people out there that want to work with your solutions

    I found a link with a place to vote:

    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/40437682-need-to-be-able-to-open-multiple-windows-in-teams

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-11-09T19:40:31+00:00

    I see this discussion began more than a year ago. Was this issue resolved? Can you now open multiple window in Teams? Really need this feature.

    Not yet.  MS does now allow for Chats and meetings to be in their own windows, but you still can't have multiple windows open for he main app. :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-11-03T16:10:06+00:00

    My overall impression of Teams is that it's cumbersome. Today, after about 2 weeks of growling at my monitor, I realized I miss tabs or windows I can easily switch between, to foreground things I need to view in quick sequence or side-by-side.

    Let me multi-task once more!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-08T12:53:00+00:00

    Tim

    The link is still broken!! 

    Is anyone from Microsoft monitoring this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-06-04T13:40:19+00:00

    Thanks for this workaround. I'll definitely try that out!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments