Multiple windows for MS Teams?

Anonymous
2019-10-10T14:11:14+00:00

Why doesn't MS Teams support multiple windows?  It stands to reason that if you are on multiple chats, editing a file, and trying to join a meeting, you don't want to leave each ongoing action behind to go to the next, and shuffle around try to find where you left off in each section later.  Even separate windows for chat would be a huge help, or allowing a meeting to launch a new window outside of Teams and leave whatever you were working on in the original window.  Most people use multiple windows and multiple monitors to multi-task, and I'm surprised that the only way Teams seems to allow this is to run some of your windows out of a browser?  Is there help coming to make this a more productive tool?  This feels like a downgrade from Skye for Business...

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-21T21:07:17+00:00

    I totally agree with this. Or even better, make an option to documents open in different tabs within teams itself so it is easy to switch between them. I often work on projects where we work in different documents at the same time so this would be amazing

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-08T12:11:37+00:00

    I am not sure, what tells more about the capabilities of Microsoft. That the issue from 2019 is still not solved or that the link to the vote to get this thing solved is broken.

    Guys, pls get your homework done. There are people out there that want to work with your solutions

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-22T18:25:54+00:00

    We all feel the pain.  I keep Teams open in a browser, especially when I'm starting a meeting.  

    It seems like they forgot that they've been promoting "WINDOWS" for over 25 years.  Why can't Teams work in multiple WINDOWS?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-06-03T22:59:22+00:00

    Agreed! Unable to have multiple windows of the app bites.

    Workaround... Open MS Teams in browser (https://teams.microsoft.com) and duplicate the tab. Can move the tab onto a separate monitor. If have the app open too, will have three instances of MS Teams (i.e. one of the app; two in the browser).

    Limitation... When opening more than two tabs, even if move the tab to a separate monitor, you do get an annoying notice that says, 'are you still there?', but you can click on 'I'm back' and it keeps you where you were originally.

    Cheers!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-06-04T22:30:24+00:00

    I just got an update today that lets me pop out individual chat windows... doesn't let me search within that chat or get files though

    And I don't really want one window for a meeting and then 5 popped out chats

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments