Microsoft Teams Error Code caa70004

Anonymous
2020-05-06T21:22:12+00:00

Good day,

We seem to be having some trouble with Microsoft Teams authentication for some users on new computers that have been added to our internal domain. Currently this is only happening to users that are logging into the computer for the first time. We have now confirmed that it is happening on all versions of Windows 10 that we can test from 1809 to 1903. The O365 accounts and licensing are fine, each user can login to Teams web app and use the service just fine. This is unexpectedly only the Microsoft Teams software not working.

***Very importantly, we are never prompted for a password.***We enter the proper email address for the Office 365 user and click sign-in. After doing so we are greeted with the below screen, there is no attempt or request to authenticate. There are no credentials in the credential manager and we have cleared all others to be sure it is unrelated.

We were also able to find that when the computers are removed from the domain they can login but not when added to the domain. When the computer is added to the domain and even if put in an OU blocking all policies from AD it still gives the same error whether it is a domain or local user account. Additionally, it doesn't matter which user is attempting to authenticate. You get the same error message when you attempt a fake address as well as a valid address. This makes me believe that the authentication process doesn't even get to the point of actually authenticating the user before it fails inexplicably.

It is clear this is an issue with the forms based authentication and it appears to be bypassing that step for some reason that I can't understand that just started but only when the PC is attached to the domain. If I remove the device from the domain it immediately starts working and as I mentioned. All existing PCs we have running on the domain are working without issue but when we log a new user into the computer it doesn't work, whether that be a local or domain user.

The error is as follows and is in the screen capture below. The first portion changes every time an attempt is made but I included it for reference since it is shown in the capture.

desktop-029172fb-76ac-4134-a8b8-c7df6ca648a8 <this part of the message changes with every attempt>

Error code - caa70004

There's a more permanent way to sign in to Microsoft Teams. If you're having trouble completing the process, talk to your IT admin.

I can provide the logs but wasn't able to include them because of the character limit.

I am at a total loss, the only things I can seem to hint at with the errors but not with the error code is a potential issue with AD FS but we do not use AD FS internally and it isn't configured on the domain. All other Office applications such as Outlook will connect and are completely content with being on our domain but Teams will not work.

Your assistance with this matter is greatly appreciated.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-14T07:54:45+00:00

    Solutiuon for Team error caa70004 (might work for other errors) 

    Task Manager > End Task Teams & also close anyother open application using Internet Explorer

    Start IE > Tools Internet Options > Advanced > Reset - close IE no need to reboot computer ...... start Teams 

    We use 8x8 & Teams; I have been clearing the IE cache (above steps) - I still have not worked out why this happens even though my computer has been cleaned installed a month ago. It is something to do with the IE cache & happens randomly. 

    It help. Thanks. Though MS should address this somehow as I had an account added at the first place under user.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-14T08:14:29+00:00

    It worked for me. I had an account added before under the User. MS could update this as generally Microsoft Outlook 365 has been playing games wit me for the last few months with MS Exchange.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-21T16:53:52+00:00

    Hi All,

    This error came up on my machine as well for the last couple of days. After checking the AD and link with the machine, and trying the authentication multiple times, nothing worked.

    The mobile app and the web client were all working fine.

    The issue was with the Desktop Client.

    The fix was basically uninstalling Microsoft Teams, downloading the latest installer and re-installing it.

    I hope this helps.

    Regards,

    Salman Asad

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-30T23:17:03+00:00

    Check your network connection.   I found that my network connection was set to "Public",  changing this to 'Private' fixed the issue.   Looks like something in firewall setting for 'Public' was blocking my connection.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-11-17T19:56:30+00:00

    Thanks for starting the subject and for this post. I was in a bit different situation, but your advice helped me a lot.

    I've been using MS Teams for few months and I haven't had any problems using it until today. I tried to log in and then I saw the same window with same error code caa70004.

    I checked if I could log onto Teams by Web browser and mobile application, and it worked. I re-installed Teams on PC but it didn't help. After reading this post I tried it another way. I entered "Access work or school", clicked on saved Office 365 account, disconnected it and connected it again. After that, problem disappeared.

    It's strange, but I couldn't add the account by +Connect option. When I choose this option and clicked "Log in", a window "Server error" was shown, but I entered "Email & accounts", clicked on "Add work or school account" and this time after entering email adress and password the account was saved successfully and I could use Teams as I did it before.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments