Microsoft Teams Error Code caa70004

Anonymous
2020-05-06T21:22:12+00:00

Good day,

We seem to be having some trouble with Microsoft Teams authentication for some users on new computers that have been added to our internal domain. Currently this is only happening to users that are logging into the computer for the first time. We have now confirmed that it is happening on all versions of Windows 10 that we can test from 1809 to 1903. The O365 accounts and licensing are fine, each user can login to Teams web app and use the service just fine. This is unexpectedly only the Microsoft Teams software not working.

***Very importantly, we are never prompted for a password.***We enter the proper email address for the Office 365 user and click sign-in. After doing so we are greeted with the below screen, there is no attempt or request to authenticate. There are no credentials in the credential manager and we have cleared all others to be sure it is unrelated.

We were also able to find that when the computers are removed from the domain they can login but not when added to the domain. When the computer is added to the domain and even if put in an OU blocking all policies from AD it still gives the same error whether it is a domain or local user account. Additionally, it doesn't matter which user is attempting to authenticate. You get the same error message when you attempt a fake address as well as a valid address. This makes me believe that the authentication process doesn't even get to the point of actually authenticating the user before it fails inexplicably.

It is clear this is an issue with the forms based authentication and it appears to be bypassing that step for some reason that I can't understand that just started but only when the PC is attached to the domain. If I remove the device from the domain it immediately starts working and as I mentioned. All existing PCs we have running on the domain are working without issue but when we log a new user into the computer it doesn't work, whether that be a local or domain user.

The error is as follows and is in the screen capture below. The first portion changes every time an attempt is made but I included it for reference since it is shown in the capture.

desktop-029172fb-76ac-4134-a8b8-c7df6ca648a8 <this part of the message changes with every attempt>

Error code - caa70004

There's a more permanent way to sign in to Microsoft Teams. If you're having trouble completing the process, talk to your IT admin.

I can provide the logs but wasn't able to include them because of the character limit.

I am at a total loss, the only things I can seem to hint at with the errors but not with the error code is a potential issue with AD FS but we do not use AD FS internally and it isn't configured on the domain. All other Office applications such as Outlook will connect and are completely content with being on our domain but Teams will not work.

Your assistance with this matter is greatly appreciated.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-05-07T20:24:33+00:00

    Hello Marvin,

    Very odd behavior when Fiddler is running to get the capture, the error changes and I have no idea why. I am posting this here so it is public in case someone else ever has this issue and is asked the same.

    As a result of Fiddler running, I am getting the following error now.

    We can't connect you.

    Looks like we can't connect to one of our services right now. Please try again later, or contact your helpdesk if the issue persists.

    0xCAA30194

    login.microsoftonline.com

    Additionally, the Teams window does open after this screen and is as follows with the first part changing in each instance.

    desktop-ac633495-004c-48cd-bb56-f4a24af34b4b<this part of the message changes with every attempt>

    Error code - caa30194

    There's a more permanent way to sign in to Microsoft Teams. If you're having trouble completing the process, talk to your IT admin.

    I have attempted this on two different devices and with different users including domain and local user accounts. I can replicate the issue consistently and get the above shown error (caa30194) when Fiddler is running versus (caa70004) when it is not. Since this throws a completely different error into the situation I will await feedback as to how I should proceed.

    I have sent you directly the Teams logs from both error codes received so if that can help you now have them.

    J.D.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-05-07T15:08:58+00:00

    Hello Marvin,

    Thank you for the response, the below are answers to your questions.

    1. There is no AAD password sync, the local AD credentials are separate from the O365 login credentials at this time

    1. At this time, in all our scenarios the user has not added their O365 accounts to Windows 10 in Settings > Accounts

    As for the sign-in traffic you are requesting, I will provide the information requested later today when I get it captured. Thank you again for your assistance.

    J.D. Jankowski

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-07T06:40:38+00:00

    Hi JDJankowski,

    Based on your description, this issue only happens on the new user computers which are joined to your local AD. In this scenario, it would be better for you to capture the sign-in traffics for the further troubleshooting. You can send the log file via the following link.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/privatemessage/inbox

    Besides, I'd like to collect the following information to better understand your situation.

    1. May I know if your organization enabled password syncing in directory synchronization (Azure AD Connect)? If so, which way was deployed, password hash sync, pass-through authentication or Azure AD single sign-on? 
    2. Have these users added their Office 365 accounts in Settings > Accounts? If so, please try to disconnect the account and clear Teams desktop cache to check if it works. 

    Regards,

    Marvin

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments