MS Teams with Sony headphones wh 1000xm4

Anonymous
2022-04-19T19:22:31+00:00

I am using MS team frequently and calls are taking long time so decided to get a "good" headphones. I bought Sony headphones WH 1000xm4. The headphones work perfectly with the iPhone and iPad but not with MS Teams on laptop when connected via Bluetooth!

the sound keeps breaking and I had to switch to the laptop mic because people on the call keeps telling me that my voice is not clear when using the headphone mic.

Any idea how to fix this ?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

55 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-21T23:12:12+00:00

    Hi @NRHTX, I'm not sure how you could be using the built-in Sony Microphones if you followed the steps you described above. If I understand correctly, these steps are to disable the Sony headset as a Headphone + Microphone combo and just leave the option of Headphones alone. Is that correct? I followed the steps and the microphone was no longer an option in Teams, it just defaults to the PC mic. I'm completely lost on this issue, using XM5s with windows 10. My headphones have worked perfectly with Teams for about 2 months and now have decided to stop working.

    Hi, I thought the same as you when I switch it from  WH-1000XM5 Hands-Free AG Audio to WH-1000XM5 Stereo. At first, I thought the people on the other would not hear me and it is working fine. As of matter of fact, I just got off a 2.5-hour meeting with no issues

    Below is how I have my XM5 set up on my PC and also in Teams and all other apps like GoT0Meeting.

    trust me, when I did the switch I was nervous, but it has been working great since Feb 16.

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-23T16:26:22+00:00

    Hi @NRHTX, I'm not sure how you could be using the built-in Sony Microphones if you followed the steps you described above. If I understand correctly, these steps are to disable the Sony headset as a Headphone + Microphone combo and just leave the option of Headphones alone. Is that correct? I followed the steps and the microphone was no longer an option in Teams, it just defaults to the PC mic. I'm completely lost on this issue, using XM5s with windows 10. My headphones have worked perfectly with Teams for about 2 months and now have decided to stop working.

    My Apologies, @Dean Madden

    You are correct, I just found out today that it was the PC microphone picking up my voice. I conducted a test today and when I walked away my co-worker told me she could not hear me.

    I went ahead and enabled WH-1000XM5 Hands-Free AG Audio.

    Sony Need to fix this ASAP

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-30T09:29:33+00:00

    Sony Wh1000xm5 is not compatible with MSTeams. The Handfree driver will not engage which forces the PC to use the PC mic so all the background noise is heard in office. After hours of trouble shooting I returned Sony Wh1000xm5 and purchased the Bose Q45. The Bose Q45 pairs and connects in less than 30 seconds and uses the Bose Q45 headset mics (headset driver hands free) so my team mates don’t hear the tech guy next to me on his call. He is also using a BoseQ45 and we can’t hear each other when we are both on calls. The only thing to remember with the Bose Q45 is don’t select “remember last setting” so the mic automatically picks up when you switch from music to a Teams call. It also auto prompts you from MS Teams when a call comes in and you have option to switch to the call.

    I think I solved this issue in a semi-proper way. Had the same problem that the rest of you described:
    Wh1000xm5 didn't function as expected. I had to choose between it not working and using headphones + internal microphone.

    https://answerscdn.microsoft.com/static/images/image-not-found.jpgHow I solved this:

    1. In sound settings - choose Manage sound devices

    1. Disable Headphones device.

    1. In MS Teams -> Settings -> Devices. Choose WH-1000XM5 Hands-Free AG Audio as device. Make a test call to see if this is working.

    1. Go back to Sound settings -> Manage sound devices -> Enable Headphones again.

    Now I can easily shift between headphones (great sound for music and such) and Hands-Free AG Audio for Team calls.

    Hope this works for you guys as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-04T07:52:27+00:00

    Hi @NRHTX, I'm not sure how you could be using the built-in Sony Microphones if you followed the steps you described above. If I understand correctly, these steps are to disable the Sony headset as a Headphone + Microphone combo and just leave the option of Headphones alone. Is that correct? I followed the steps and the microphone was no longer an option in Teams, it just defaults to the PC mic. I'm completely lost on this issue, using XM5s with windows 10. My headphones have worked perfectly with Teams for about 2 months and now have decided to stop working.

    My Apologies, @Dean Madden

    You are correct, I just found out today that it was the PC microphone picking up my voice. I conducted a test today and when I walked away my co-worker told me she could not hear me.

    I went ahead and enabled WH-1000XM5 Hands-Free AG Audio.

    Sony Need to fix this ASAP

    Hi,

    I did follow your steps and deactivated WH-1000XM5 Hands-Free AG Audio and restarted the PC. **** As you realized there is now no option to choose the XM5 as microphone in the teams settings. However, I just reactivated the AG Audio setting and since then it has worked fine with everything.

    I can switch in the sony app between PC - Phone. The sound change depending on phone or PC is playing sound. And also in Teams I can choose the XM5 for audio and also microphone.

    I have restarted the headphones a couple of times, also the PC and the phone and everything still works perfect.

    I do not know why, but i´m happy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments