MS Teams with Sony headphones wh 1000xm4

Anonymous
2022-04-19T19:22:31+00:00

I am using MS team frequently and calls are taking long time so decided to get a "good" headphones. I bought Sony headphones WH 1000xm4. The headphones work perfectly with the iPhone and iPad but not with MS Teams on laptop when connected via Bluetooth!

the sound keeps breaking and I had to switch to the laptop mic because people on the call keeps telling me that my voice is not clear when using the headphone mic.

Any idea how to fix this ?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

55 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-08T17:09:40+00:00

    Sadly this does not work as a solution on the xM5. After 3’days of instal uninstall pair impair, delete all devices only add the PC —. I am done. This is a bug. I went to Costco and bought a Bose Q45 and it paired and connected to my work laptop in 30 seconds and the MIC actually works and noise cancellation. Then paired Bose Q45 with my iPhone. The mic works. Paired Bose Q45 my Dell windows 11 and the mic worked and so did noise cancelling. I don’t know if Teams is blocking Sony headsets or Sony firmware isn’t playing nice with MS Teams but either way the Bose Q45 worked in 30 seconds and the Sony wh-1000xm5 after hours and hours over 3 days never worked with the Mic and noise cancelation with either windows 10 or 11 on the PC. At first I thought it was my company security, but now that my Apple AirPods and the new Bose Q45 work with all my laptops and iPhone it clearly is Sony and Microsoft not playing together. Not sure which end it is but I need a headset that works with noise canceling as in office I sit in a group of loud people who are on the phone all day and WFH it’s the dogs barking. The Bose seems to be working great. Now to return the Sony headset as it’s either defective or firmware doesn’t play with PCs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-09T23:07:32+00:00

    I'm hoping that by now you've discovered that your issue isn't with Teams, but with the **** microphones in the Sony earbuds. They're stellar for listening, but they are useless for making phone or teams calls.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-15T23:41:03+00:00

    Hi SherylStiles

    I am having the same issues using XM5.

    I have two devices connected, one to my Pixel 6 and one to Windows 10. I do a lot of meetings in Teams on my PC. I have noticed when I do not speak for a while. The others cannot hear me until I disconnect and reconnect. This is driving me crazy every time I have to do this.

    I also noticed in the app Manage Connected Device that the speaker icon switches back to my Pixel 6 phone. I am, however, still connected to my Windows 10 computer, which displays "Connected voice and music." But the other people in the meeting cannot hear me unless I disconnect and reconnect.

    On the phone app, if I click on my PC name to switch, I get an alert: "The playback device cannot be switched during a phone call. Is this normal?"
    Should I disable this switching back and forth?

    I already called Sony 3 times and I cannot get this to work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments