MS Teams with Sony headphones wh 1000xm4

Anonymous
2022-04-19T19:22:31+00:00

I am using MS team frequently and calls are taking long time so decided to get a "good" headphones. I bought Sony headphones WH 1000xm4. The headphones work perfectly with the iPhone and iPad but not with MS Teams on laptop when connected via Bluetooth!

the sound keeps breaking and I had to switch to the laptop mic because people on the call keeps telling me that my voice is not clear when using the headphone mic.

Any idea how to fix this ?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

55 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-24T09:48:50+00:00

    This works for me, but the setting means the Teams would use the PC/Laptop microphone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-25T18:27:20+00:00

    I have the same issue as Igor. Unchecking the Handsfree Telephony options works fine, I don't have to reconnect with Bluetooth every 15 minutes. But now in Teams I can only use the laptop mic and not the mic of the headphone. Does anyone have a solution for this?

    I noticed the following:

    1. Handsfree Telephony is checked: in the Sound Settings -> Recording tab I see the 1000XM4 Headphone and I can use the mic of the headset (see screenshot - in Dutch)
    2. Handsfree Telephony is unchecked: in this tab I don't see the Headphone and the mic of the laptop is used

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-07T01:19:40+00:00

    Same issue with you... I can't connect my Sony Wh-1000mx5 because of my company laptop's restrictions. So I bought Jabra evolve2 85 because it has a dongle usb and solved my problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments