MS Teams with Sony headphones wh 1000xm4

Anonymous
2022-04-19T19:22:31+00:00

I am using MS team frequently and calls are taking long time so decided to get a "good" headphones. I bought Sony headphones WH 1000xm4. The headphones work perfectly with the iPhone and iPad but not with MS Teams on laptop when connected via Bluetooth!

the sound keeps breaking and I had to switch to the laptop mic because people on the call keeps telling me that my voice is not clear when using the headphone mic.

Any idea how to fix this ?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

55 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-16T06:47:14+00:00

    For me also, issues re-occur. So just try to reset again. Still, it is no satisfying solution, but a workaround. I'm not satisfied with this behaviour of the WF-1000XM4

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-19T09:47:04+00:00

    windows though that it was handy to auto mute a channel of the handsfree set.

    go to:

    1:sound icon in lower richt corner

    2:go to sounds

    3:go to playbacks

    4: select headphone handsfree set

    5: properties > levels

    6: there is a channel with "main volume" , this one was muted by default. unmute it.

    now it should work again

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-31T15:37:49+00:00

    This worked for my XM5. Thanks a lot

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-23T16:18:21+00:00

    Thank god I found a fix. I had tried everything.

    Here's how to fix it. Priviously with the 3's, you could go in your drivers or in your device and disable the Hands-Free option. Now ith the 4's and Windows 11, you basicly only have to go to : Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers.

    There you'll find you headphones. Right click, properties -> bluetooth and disable the hands-free option.

    For some reason, even tough the hands-free devices are disabled, the device still has the option enable so microsoft was trying to connect to that service. Took me so much time to find this !

    Worked! Thank you Philippe.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-04T19:00:00+00:00

    Looks like a fix has been found for Windows but how about Mac?

    The headphones work fine and then there is a chime and sound stops coming through.

    Seperatel;y I'm also struggling to pair with a seperate microphone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments