MS Teams with Sony headphones wh 1000xm4

Anonymous
2022-04-19T19:22:31+00:00

I am using MS team frequently and calls are taking long time so decided to get a "good" headphones. I bought Sony headphones WH 1000xm4. The headphones work perfectly with the iPhone and iPad but not with MS Teams on laptop when connected via Bluetooth!

the sound keeps breaking and I had to switch to the laptop mic because people on the call keeps telling me that my voice is not clear when using the headphone mic.

Any idea how to fix this ?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

55 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-21T16:54:21+00:00

    Hi @NRHTX, I'm not sure how you could be using the built-in Sony Microphones if you followed the steps you described above. If I understand correctly, these steps are to disable the Sony headset as a Headphone + Microphone combo and just leave the option of Headphones alone. Is that correct? I followed the steps and the microphone was no longer an option in Teams, it just defaults to the PC mic. I'm completely lost on this issue, using XM5s with windows 10. My headphones have worked perfectly with Teams for about 2 months and now have decided to stop working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-21T15:04:19+00:00

    Hi, @Igor Tomašec I have been using the built-in Sony microphones via Bluetooth. I tried using the 3.5mm wire, but it was a little short, plus I like moving around the house. So far, since I found this fix, it has been awesome.

    Another thing I discovered yesterday. When I had two devices connected in "Managed Connected Device," I would hear the beeps and notifications, and when the phone rang, it would cut out the person speaking on Microsoft Teams. I found the solution on Reddit, where someone posted to click on the 3 dots of the second device and select Fixing playback device. This will mute the other device, and you will not get cut off or miss the meeting details.

    I hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-21T10:03:13+00:00

    By your solution are you using the Sony XM5 microphone or the laptop one?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-20T07:35:03+00:00

    This worked for me, thank you so much.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-17T00:49:06+00:00

    Thank you @Philippe Plourde1 and @Lance Cordero

    Updated February 23rd, 2023, at 1030 CST. If you disable WH-1000XM5 Hands-Free AG Audio and switch to WH-1000XM5 Stereo, The microphone being used is from the computer, not your built-in 8 microphones.

    I tested this with a co-worker, and I stepped away from my computer into the kitchen, and my co-worker was not able to hear me speak.

    I do not know if this is an issue with Sony, Teams, or the latest Bluetooth drivers from intel, where the built-in microphones are active when I am not talking.

    I had to enable the WH-1000XM5 Hands-Free AG Audio

    I follow the instructions in the Device Manager to disable it. But after reading through the entire forum, I noticed @Lance Cordero had a permanent fix to prevent Hands-Free from being activated again. My microphone from my WH-1000XM5 was constantly disconnecting, every time I had to speak using Microsoft Teams and it was embarrassing because I can hear the people calling out my name. I tried switching the app between my Android phone and Windows computer without any luck. The only way was to manually disconnect it from Bluetooth on the computer and connect again.

    I purchased the XM5 on Feb 6th, 2023 and my Mic was always getting disconnected.

    Feb 6, 2023, So far, I have not experienced any microphone disconnect issues while wearing the headphones today. I even managed to use the app to switch back and forth between my PC and Android Pixel 6 phone, and it was working fine.

    I disabled WH-1000XM5 Hands-Free AG Audio, and now it defaults to WH-1000XM5 Stereo on my Windows 10 PC. Option 2 was used to permanently disable hands-free. I was in a GoToMeeting and Microsoft Teams meeting, and my microphone was still working. Tomorrow I have more meetings. I'll keep an eye on it in case it happens again. I will update this incident.

    Updated as of February 20th, 2023, it is still working beautifully. Also, if you have two devices connected, for example, my PC and phones, if you have two devices connected, for example, my PC and phone, If you are in a meeting and the phone dings, rings, or makes other sounds, this will disrupt communication; in other words, if your phone is ringing and you are in the middle of a meeting, you will not hear the last words because your phone was ringing. In the app Device, click the three dots and then select Fixing playback device. This will resolve the issue so that only your computer's sound and voice are heard, rather than phone noises.

    Option 1: To disable it via Device Manager. Go to Device ManagerGo to Sound, video, and game controllers and expand the menuLook for WH-1000XM5 Hands-Free AG AudioRight-click and disable it. if it comes back on following the next steps. Image**Option 2: To disable it completely, follow the below steps.**Go to Control Panel and select Devices and Printers.Look for WH-1000XM5. Right-click and select PropertiesGo to Tab Services and uncheck Handsfree TelephonyThis will disable the hands-free option completely and remove it from Device Manager under Sound, video, and game controllers. Image
    Image Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments