Additional meeting and call-related features and issues within Microsoft Teams for business
You the best!! Thank you
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am using MS team frequently and calls are taking long time so decided to get a "good" headphones. I bought Sony headphones WH 1000xm4. The headphones work perfectly with the iPhone and iPad but not with MS Teams on laptop when connected via Bluetooth!
the sound keeps breaking and I had to switch to the laptop mic because people on the call keeps telling me that my voice is not clear when using the headphone mic.
Any idea how to fix this ?
Additional meeting and call-related features and issues within Microsoft Teams for business
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
You the best!! Thank you
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
Finally got my headphones to work on the teams meeting. Open the team meeting in the browser. It wont work with the app.
You are a hero. This fixed it!
For windows 10:
Hi Sabouba,
I just got my new sony wh-1000 xm4 and had the same issues. I really tweaked everything in teams settings, in single- or two-device-mode... no difference. BUT, in my desperation the last try did it for me. At least okay, not perfect due to the bluetooth limitations. I just manually set the Teams Noise supression setting to High (not Auto). That did the trick. Another thread here, around one year ago, recommend the opposite, switching it off or low, but this did not work for me. Actually I tried this on my working macbook pro in Home office (quiet room), so I cant actually speak for Windows, but you can give it a try. Just try it with the test-call-feature in Teams.
Summing up:
in Teams the Noise supression is manually set to HIGH
auto mic-sensivity is switched on
the mx4 is in two-device-mode with full Noise-cancelling on (no difference in single device mode)worked for me on a mac book pro, with macOS Monterey 12.3.1
Microsoft Teams Version 1.5.00.9159So this is okay for home office, but i decided to order an additional plug-in mic with cable connection to my notebook, when I am going to work in the noisy office again some days per week. The good about this thing is that its mic is noisecancelling (unlike the xm4 built in mic) and has a small control for Mute and Volume. So my colleagues in the room cant be heard in a group call. I think this could be a compromise for me because normally in the office I rather stay at the desk while I am in group calls. But keep in mind, while using the xm4 with cable, all bluetooth connections are disconnected. But another pro is, that your are able to use this setup for your Playstation or Xbox Controller and spare a gaming headset :)
"FULAIM Boom Microphone Cable Compatible with Sony WH-1000XM4 & WH-1000XM3 Headphones with Volume Control & Mute Switch for PC, Laptop, PS4 PS5 Xbox One Controller"
Yeah changed the noise suppression to High worked for me too :)