MS Teams with Sony headphones wh 1000xm4

Anonymous
2022-04-19T19:22:31+00:00

I am using MS team frequently and calls are taking long time so decided to get a "good" headphones. I bought Sony headphones WH 1000xm4. The headphones work perfectly with the iPhone and iPad but not with MS Teams on laptop when connected via Bluetooth!

the sound keeps breaking and I had to switch to the laptop mic because people on the call keeps telling me that my voice is not clear when using the headphone mic.

Any idea how to fix this ?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

55 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-16T06:21:47+00:00

    Thank you for your detail answer, i did it and it actually worked, but when i turn off and on my laptop at the very next day it all reverse back which the handsfree still able and as well as in device manager. Can you help more on this one?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-06T10:55:50+00:00

    Reset of my WF-1000XM4 and restarting the PC solved the issue for me. Everything works fine with hands-free (microphone and speakers):

    https://www.sony.de/electronics/support/articles/00250089

    https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/wireless-headphones-bluetooth-headphones/wf-1000xm4/articles/00264029

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-11T23:03:16+00:00

    I am also having this same issue with the XM5s. I can either have the audio or the mic to work with the headphones but not both. Audio works through the headphones, but only when I choose the Stereo output, and the microphone needs to be something other than the headphones like the laptop. The microphone works if I set the microphone to use the XM5s hands-free but the audio has to come from a different device like the laptop. Not sure why we can't have both the audio and microphone set to the xm5s and it just work. Crazy concept. Disabling the Handsfree Telephony in the devise properties means that the headphones are no longer an option for the microphone. I can't figure out a way to have both the audio and mic work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-16T09:51:37+00:00

    Hi, thank for your instruction. by doing this meaning that we only use WF1000XM5 for the input which mean listening to but not for speaking to during the meeting, simply using the laptop microphone, for me it still not convenient since i was put my laptop stand behind my desktop so my voice during the call still not good, is there any solution to use WF1000XM5 as output (to talk) during the meeting? thank you for your kind help and instruction.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-14T02:45:58+00:00

    Based on everything I read here, I believe the main issue is linked to the mobile phone app.

    I ran some tests, and I couldn't completely remove my XM5 from my PC without first removing it from the App on my phone.

    *I agree that this is something Sony needs to look at.

    But, as a workaround, I recommend completely removing the Headset from your PC and turning off the feature to change between devices quickly.

    After finishing the steps above, re-connect your headset to PC by Bluetooth, and you should have it working again.

    That's what worked for me, and as a plus for you, read until here:

    I tried to disable space sound and some features on W11, and didn't go well. The headset started to reproduce many noises instead of the audio, plus the volume was a bit decreased, so it was better to keep that on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments