MS Teams with Sony headphones wh 1000xm4

Anonymous
2022-04-19T19:22:31+00:00

I am using MS team frequently and calls are taking long time so decided to get a "good" headphones. I bought Sony headphones WH 1000xm4. The headphones work perfectly with the iPhone and iPad but not with MS Teams on laptop when connected via Bluetooth!

the sound keeps breaking and I had to switch to the laptop mic because people on the call keeps telling me that my voice is not clear when using the headphone mic.

Any idea how to fix this ?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

55 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-28T17:40:14+00:00

    the hand-free "feature" pisses me off

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-26T11:49:34+00:00

    Thank you so much

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-08T19:54:19+00:00

    What I have discovered is

    1. Android Phone Pixel 6 Sony App installed
    2. Connected to two devices, Windows 10 and my Pixel 6
    3. In a Teams meeting connected to Sony XM5, I can hear and speak without any issues.
    4. If I get a notification on my phone while I am on a meeting call via Teams. The peeps on Teams cannot hear me.
    5. I had to manually disable the Android Sony App and manually connect to windows 10 Bluetooth.
    6. No issues at all.

    The Sony customer service peeps told me the same. If two devices are connected via the app and one of them gets a notification it disables the Mic on the headphones.

    So every morning and all my Teams call. I have to make sure the Sony App is disabled aka Force stopped.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-06T18:24:27+00:00

    Hi,

    Yes, i hve had a couple of 1,5 hour meetings since i got it working and not a single problem.

    Always connected with mobile phone and PC.

    I have used them 23 hours according to the app (only at work) since I wrote the last reply for teams, whatsapp calls (on pc and mobile) and all calls on the mobile phone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more