MS Teams with Sony headphones wh 1000xm4

Anonymous
2022-04-19T19:22:31+00:00

I am using MS team frequently and calls are taking long time so decided to get a "good" headphones. I bought Sony headphones WH 1000xm4. The headphones work perfectly with the iPhone and iPad but not with MS Teams on laptop when connected via Bluetooth!

the sound keeps breaking and I had to switch to the laptop mic because people on the call keeps telling me that my voice is not clear when using the headphone mic.

Any idea how to fix this ?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

55 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-21T16:54:21+00:00

    Hi @NRHTX, I'm not sure how you could be using the built-in Sony Microphones if you followed the steps you described above. If I understand correctly, these steps are to disable the Sony headset as a Headphone + Microphone combo and just leave the option of Headphones alone. Is that correct? I followed the steps and the microphone was no longer an option in Teams, it just defaults to the PC mic. I'm completely lost on this issue, using XM5s with windows 10. My headphones have worked perfectly with Teams for about 2 months and now have decided to stop working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-21T15:04:19+00:00

    Hi, @Igor Tomašec I have been using the built-in Sony microphones via Bluetooth. I tried using the 3.5mm wire, but it was a little short, plus I like moving around the house. So far, since I found this fix, it has been awesome.

    Another thing I discovered yesterday. When I had two devices connected in "Managed Connected Device," I would hear the beeps and notifications, and when the phone rang, it would cut out the person speaking on Microsoft Teams. I found the solution on Reddit, where someone posted to click on the 3 dots of the second device and select Fixing playback device. This will mute the other device, and you will not get cut off or miss the meeting details.

    I hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-21T10:03:13+00:00

    By your solution are you using the Sony XM5 microphone or the laptop one?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-15T23:41:03+00:00

    Hi SherylStiles

    I am having the same issues using XM5.

    I have two devices connected, one to my Pixel 6 and one to Windows 10. I do a lot of meetings in Teams on my PC. I have noticed when I do not speak for a while. The others cannot hear me until I disconnect and reconnect. This is driving me crazy every time I have to do this.

    I also noticed in the app Manage Connected Device that the speaker icon switches back to my Pixel 6 phone. I am, however, still connected to my Windows 10 computer, which displays "Connected voice and music." But the other people in the meeting cannot hear me unless I disconnect and reconnect.

    On the phone app, if I click on my PC name to switch, I get an alert: "The playback device cannot be switched during a phone call. Is this normal?"
    Should I disable this switching back and forth?

    I already called Sony 3 times and I cannot get this to work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-09T23:07:32+00:00

    I'm hoping that by now you've discovered that your issue isn't with Teams, but with the **** microphones in the Sony earbuds. They're stellar for listening, but they are useless for making phone or teams calls.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments