MS Teams with Sony headphones wh 1000xm4

Anonymous
2022-04-19T19:22:31+00:00

I am using MS team frequently and calls are taking long time so decided to get a "good" headphones. I bought Sony headphones WH 1000xm4. The headphones work perfectly with the iPhone and iPad but not with MS Teams on laptop when connected via Bluetooth!

the sound keeps breaking and I had to switch to the laptop mic because people on the call keeps telling me that my voice is not clear when using the headphone mic.

Any idea how to fix this ?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

55 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-11T23:03:16+00:00

    I am also having this same issue with the XM5s. I can either have the audio or the mic to work with the headphones but not both. Audio works through the headphones, but only when I choose the Stereo output, and the microphone needs to be something other than the headphones like the laptop. The microphone works if I set the microphone to use the XM5s hands-free but the audio has to come from a different device like the laptop. Not sure why we can't have both the audio and microphone set to the xm5s and it just work. Crazy concept. Disabling the Handsfree Telephony in the devise properties means that the headphones are no longer an option for the microphone. I can't figure out a way to have both the audio and mic work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-16T09:51:37+00:00

    Hi, thank for your instruction. by doing this meaning that we only use WF1000XM5 for the input which mean listening to but not for speaking to during the meeting, simply using the laptop microphone, for me it still not convenient since i was put my laptop stand behind my desktop so my voice during the call still not good, is there any solution to use WF1000XM5 as output (to talk) during the meeting? thank you for your kind help and instruction.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-16T18:09:19+00:00

    You the best!! Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-24T16:57:20+00:00

    Finally got my headphones to work on the teams meeting. Open the team meeting in the browser. It wont work with the app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments