Missing icon breakout rooms

Anonymous
2021-01-08T12:40:54+00:00

Hi, 

I'm a teacher using a teams account connected with the school! When I start a meeting in Teams I can't see the icon for the use of breakoutrooms. I checked the microsoft guide for working with the breakout rooms, but I can't get the icon to appear in the meeting. I checked my settings according to the guide and it should work. 

Some tips on how to get the icon in would be much appreciated! :) 

Cheers!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-04T16:40:37+00:00

    Hi there,

    We are experiencing a similar issue, but seems to be profile specific.  Our issue is that, on the same computer, if I sign in to a PC the new experience checkbox is available.  However, when my VP logs into the same box, He does not get the check box.  Same Box, Same Teams Version, two different experiences.
    Any thoughts?

    Thanks
    Steve

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-28T07:19:34+00:00

    Hi Linda,

    We experienced a very similar issue on this this week.

    Tests with breakout rooms and with 4 employees worked OK.

    A new meeting was created for 140 attendees by the same origaniser and the meeting was recorded but the breakout rooms button was missing. As we understand it using the recording feature should not affect the availability of breakout rooms

    Any ideas?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-12T09:59:49+00:00

    I have just had the same problem with the disappearing icon. I have used breakout rooms perfectly successfully in several remote lessons. The set up for today's lesson was exactly the same - I was the meeting organiser; the class were all in the meeting as participants - but the icon simply wasn't there. I looked under the three dots and in settings, but couldn't find it anywhere.

    I sent the class off to call each other in their pairs instead. Then I left and rejoined the meeting, and the icon was back. Really random. Not ideal when you're working with a big class of 14-year-olds!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-12T08:57:22+00:00

    Hi Sabine,

    Greetings.

    I would like to double confirm if you are the meeting organizer? Only meeting organizers can create breakout rooms.

    And we can only setup breakout rooms **during an active meeting.**I suggest you schedule a new test private meeting to see the results.

    Besides, may I know the difference between meetings with the icon and meetings without the icon?

    Best Regards,

    Linda

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-11T07:44:56+00:00

    Hi Linda, 

    Thank you for the quick reply! After some practising with collegues (we all have the latest version and the button for "turn on new meeting experience" switched on) the breakoutroom icon sometimes appears and sometimes it doesn't. We start the meetings within our classroom channels, but we can't seem to figure out why the icon doesn't always appear. It feels like a bug. 

    I very recently reinstalled the whole office pack on my laptop, I assumed this also means that the latest version of teams is updated. Is this true, otherwise that might be someting to look into for me!

    Best,

    Sabine

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments