Missing icon breakout rooms

Anonymous
2021-01-08T12:40:54+00:00

Hi, 

I'm a teacher using a teams account connected with the school! When I start a meeting in Teams I can't see the icon for the use of breakoutrooms. I checked the microsoft guide for working with the breakout rooms, but I can't get the icon to appear in the meeting. I checked my settings according to the guide and it should work. 

Some tips on how to get the icon in would be much appreciated! :) 

Cheers!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-18T14:06:55+00:00

    I have the same issue. Breakout icon intermittent - no confidence or control on whether it will be there. Not ideal when you're planning sessions for multiple guests. I've always been meeting organiser.  Have updated all settings, although interestingly; I don't have the option under settings for 'new meeting experience'.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-18T14:06:04+00:00

    I have the same issue. Breakout icon intermittent - no confidence or control on whether it will be there. Not ideal when you're planning sessions for multiple guests. I've always been meeting organiser.  Have updated all settings, although interestingly; I don't have the option under settings for 'new meeting experience'.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-17T19:14:08+00:00

    I'm having the same problem. I have used breakouts multiple times with no problem, but today, it is not there. I'm the organizer, and I'm in the desktop app, so I have no idea why this isn't working. Please advise.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-24T13:49:58+00:00

    I have a total hack that seemed to work, but it is not something I would support or condone, use at your own risk. So, the total hack...

    On a system that works:

    Go to the %appdata%\microsoft\teams

    Copy the entire folder contents to a shared location / usb drive or network share

    On your system

    Go to the %appdata%\microsoft\teams

    DELETE the contents of the folder

    Copy the contents from your shared drive into this location

    Open Teams.

    The account logged into teams will be the account you made the copy from. But, log them out and log in, using your o365 account.

    Poof, It works

    As I said, total hack, but I am 2 for 2 people fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-24T11:44:06+00:00

    Hi, 

    I'm a teacher using a teams account connected with the school! When I start a meeting in Teams I can't see the icon for the use of breakoutrooms. I checked the microsoft guide for working with the breakout rooms, but I can't get the icon to appear in the meeting. I checked my settings according to the guide and it should work. 

    Some tips on how to get the icon in would be much appreciated! :) 

    Cheers!

    Has this glitch been resolved by Microsoft yet - I had the same problem this morning so would like to know when it will be fixed thanks,

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments