Missing icon breakout rooms

Anonymous
2021-01-08T12:40:54+00:00

Hi, 

I'm a teacher using a teams account connected with the school! When I start a meeting in Teams I can't see the icon for the use of breakoutrooms. I checked the microsoft guide for working with the breakout rooms, but I can't get the icon to appear in the meeting. I checked my settings according to the guide and it should work. 

Some tips on how to get the icon in would be much appreciated! :) 

Cheers!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-04T11:31:10+00:00

    Update 2: We have now found out this workaround:

    • Teams Userprofile Install (non .msi)
    • Delete regedit key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Citrix \ PortICA", if available
    • Delete or rename User folder "% LocalAppData% \ Microsoft \ Teams"
    • Login in Teams
      --> breakout room function is available.

    We hope that Microsoft will find the error in the .msi installation and eliminate it soon. I hope it helps you ...

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-21T18:09:15+00:00

    Same issue, icon appearing\disappearing at random for meeting organizer.

    Checked some advices, there is one to make sure that the new meeting experience is enabled (Teams -> Settings -> General -> Check “Turn on new meeting experience” but I don't have that option under settings.

    You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.4.00.8872 (64-bit). It was last updated on 4/1/21.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-19T13:21:04+00:00

    Update: we have now found out that it does not work for all users who have installed teams as .msi on their company devices. Apparently, it works with the installation in the user profile. Probably a problem in the .MSI version? Can you confirm someone? thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-04-14T12:44:46+00:00

    I cant see Turn on new meeting experience possibility in Settings.

    Pls Help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-14T09:30:39+00:00

    I have the same issue. Breakout icon intermittent - no confidence or control on whether it will be there. Not ideal when you're planning sessions for multiple guests. I've always been meeting organiser.  Have updated all settings, although interestingly; I don't have the option under settings for 'new meeting experience'.

    Hello, same problem with us in the tenant. Office 365 support has also been researching the cause for several weeks.

    A solution is currently not available. thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments