Missing icon breakout rooms

Anonymous
2021-01-08T12:40:54+00:00

Hi, 

I'm a teacher using a teams account connected with the school! When I start a meeting in Teams I can't see the icon for the use of breakoutrooms. I checked the microsoft guide for working with the breakout rooms, but I can't get the icon to appear in the meeting. I checked my settings according to the guide and it should work. 

Some tips on how to get the icon in would be much appreciated! :) 

Cheers!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-08-11T22:08:17+00:00

    nice but the cache I found needed to be deleted was at %appdata%\microsoft\teams

    Otherwise, right on the money! Thanks.

    This also fixed an issue we were having with video in Meet Now meetings. Possibly some other issues as well, we are testing. However I scripted this today to allow it to clear all users cache on a given machine, this must be run as administrator:

    $file = 'c:\windows\system32\fixTeamsBreakoutButton.txt'

    #If the file does not exist, create it.

    if (-not(Test-Path -Path $file -PathType Leaf)) {

      try {

    Remove-Item "HKLM:\Software\Citrix\PortICA" -Recurse
    
    Get-ChildItem C:\Users |%{Remove-Item -Path "C:\Users\$\_\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams\\*" -Force -Recurse}
    

            $null = New-Item -ItemType File -Path $file -Force -ErrorAction Stop

        }

    catch {
    

             throw $_.Exception.Message

         }

    }

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-08-10T13:52:28+00:00

    Wow, Microsoft did you read this?

    "Open Teams.

    The account logged into teams will be the account you made the copy from. "

    That's a major security hole. A PC admin could take over the CEO's Teams account using this trick. Not good.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-07-23T13:15:50+00:00

    Hi Linda,

    I'm a free Teams user and I'm unable to see the breakout room icon.

    I tried going to General Settings to "Turn on new meeting experience" and am unable to see that either.

    What am I missing?

    Edwin

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-07-12T15:32:55+00:00

    I'm wondering if the grayed out icon in the pic below might have anything to do with the problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-07-12T15:26:34+00:00

    I have the same issue of no breakout room icon. We just recently switched from the Commercial Virtual Remote version of Teams to Army 365 and I no longer have the breakout rooms icon. I have the “Turn on new meeting” selected but I’m still not seeing the option like we had before to create breakout rooms from the main room.  Can you help with that?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments