Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
Looking at this again, I think it's created so it's not run again on the same system.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
I'm a teacher using a teams account connected with the school! When I start a meeting in Teams I can't see the icon for the use of breakoutrooms. I checked the microsoft guide for working with the breakout rooms, but I can't get the icon to appear in the meeting. I checked my settings according to the guide and it should work.
Some tips on how to get the icon in would be much appreciated! :)
Cheers!
Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Looking at this again, I think it's created so it's not run again on the same system.
$file = 'c:\windows\system32\fixTeamsBreakoutButton.txt'
#If the file does not exist, create it.
if (-not(Test-Path -Path $file -PathType Leaf)) {
try {
Remove-Item "HKLM:\Software\Citrix\PortICA" -Recurse
Get-ChildItem C:\Users |%{Remove-Item -Path "C:\Users\$_\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams\*" -Force -Recurse}
$null = New-Item -ItemType File -Path $file -Force -ErrorAction Stop
}
catch {
throw $_.Exception.Message
}
}
Hi Alan. In your script above, what is the purpose of creating "FixTeamsBreakoutButton.txt"? My thought is that if the removal of Teams AppData is successful, the file exists. Is that correct? I am curious why it's being created in the system32 folder.
We are looking into pushing this out via SCCM to run at startup. I am just wondering if we could place the output of the command in that file, though I don't know if SCCM can do anything with it. Possibly instead, it could write a line into a file on a network drive that would include a timestamp, the machine name and the result.
I am similarly curious: do all Teams accounts—paid as well as free—have breakout rooms available? If not, how can I purchase a subscription of some sort that enables breakout rooms?
The directory rebuilds upon startup, note there are also image directories and other that may also require refreshing. As I noted, the fix I posted also resolves an issue with Video not working correctly in Meet Now meetings in Teams as well. The deletion of the entire contents of the %userdata%\roaming\microsoft\teams directory was also recommended by a Microsoft Teams CE.
Thanks, Alan. I should have said "renaming the folder" (better than deleting) and, you're right, I experienced no real issues after doing so, other than I had to go into Settings and turn dark mode back on. But I now have the new meeting experience, including breakout rooms! 🙌🏻
We were also experiencing a Teams video issue, where you couldn't see anyone else's video if Teams was maximized. Had a ticket open with Microsoft, which did not provide a solution, but one day it just started working again. No changes on our side (and we do not use Citrix nor have that folder).
The wonderful, magical, world of Microsoft. ✨
The directory rebuilds upon startup, note there are also image directories and other that may also require refreshing. As I noted, the fix I posted also resolves an issue with Video not working correctly in Meet Now meetings in Teams as well. The deletion of the entire contents of the %userdata%\roaming\microsoft\teams directory was also recommended by a Microsoft Teams CE.