Missing icon breakout rooms

Anonymous
2021-01-08T12:40:54+00:00

Hi, 

I'm a teacher using a teams account connected with the school! When I start a meeting in Teams I can't see the icon for the use of breakoutrooms. I checked the microsoft guide for working with the breakout rooms, but I can't get the icon to appear in the meeting. I checked my settings according to the guide and it should work. 

Some tips on how to get the icon in would be much appreciated! :) 

Cheers!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-11-10T19:02:58+00:00

    Sarah, the new meeting experience is now automatically turned on, once the cache is cleared. The actual option to "turn on new meeting experience" was removed by Microsoft, I suspect because it didn't work in many cases like this where the script to clear the cache is required.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-11-10T14:12:49+00:00

    So far, the only "solution" has been to close Teams, rename (or delete) your local Teams cache folder (C:*username*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams) and start Teams again. I'll recreate the folder and you should get the new meeting experience.

    (I've got a support ticket open with the product team to hopefully find a better solution.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-11-10T06:05:21+00:00

    I don't have the 'turn on new meeting experience' option - any idea what to do?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-11-05T02:13:11+00:00

    No it's not to do with the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-09-21T15:50:51+00:00

    Greetings!

    I had the same problem, until I realized something: it's channel dependent.

    So on the main Teams window, you click the Teams icon on the left, then select the channel you want.

    Then click the More Options (the three dots)

    Then Manage Channel > Channel Settings > Permissions > Channel Moderation > On

    And now I have the breakout rooms icon back!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments