Missing icon breakout rooms

Anonymous
2021-01-08T12:40:54+00:00

Hi, 

I'm a teacher using a teams account connected with the school! When I start a meeting in Teams I can't see the icon for the use of breakoutrooms. I checked the microsoft guide for working with the breakout rooms, but I can't get the icon to appear in the meeting. I checked my settings according to the guide and it should work. 

Some tips on how to get the icon in would be much appreciated! :) 

Cheers!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-07T19:09:57+00:00

    Hi, 

    I'm a teacher using a teams account connected with the school! When I start a meeting in Teams I can't see the icon for the use of breakoutrooms. I checked the microsoft guide for working with the breakout rooms, but I can't get the icon to appear in the meeting. I checked my settings according to the guide and it should work. 

    Some tips on how to get the icon in would be much appreciated! :) 

    Cheers!

    I think something happened from the last upgrade. I had breakout room and it all worked fine, but since the last update, I cannot see the icon and cannot find anywhere to get it from.

    Share computer sound also no longer works - so I cant share a video when I'm training. Really annoying. If anyone has answers.... but I think they accidentally ruined some of their functionality.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-02-03T14:04:39+00:00

    CL please review the following, these are the instructions for our techs.

    This will fix the issue with users not seeing each other when using the video call from the chat window, or using the meet now function instead of the scheduled function.

    This also resolves the issue with the breakout button not appearing for the host of the meeting.

    1. Sign out of teams.
    2. Close the login screen for teams.
    3. Make sure teams is not running in task manager.
    4. Open Powershell as an administrator and run the following script:

    $file = 'c:\windows\system32\fixTeamsBreakoutButton.txt'

    #If the file does not exist, create it.

    if (-not(Test-Path -Path $file -PathType Leaf)) {

      try {

        Remove-Item "HKLM:\Software\Citrix\PortICA" -Recurse

        Get-ChildItem C:\Users |%{Remove-Item -Path "C:\Users$_\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams\*" -Force -Recurse}

           $null = New-Item -ItemType File -Path $file -Force -ErrorAction Stop

        }

        catch {

             throw $_.Exception.Message

            }

    }

    1. Re-open Teams.

    The script creates a file in the system32 folder called fixTeamsBreakoutButton.txt. This will prevent the script from running again, so if you need to run it again and it’s not working check to see if this file exists and delete then run the script again.

    The script is deleting all files and folders for each user on the computer in their %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams. It is also deleting a registry key PortICA under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\

    The script will display errors for users who have previously logged into the machine and have never opened teams

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-02-02T23:21:42+00:00

    I don't know how to run the script nor how to remove the citrix key. Are you able to give more specific instructions?

    Much appreciated!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-02-02T22:41:55+00:00

    CL did you run the script as administrator? Also if you are referring to deleting or renaming the cache folder, please note that the Citrix key the script deletes is created on some machines, still not clear on the circumstances as we've seen systems with and without it. However my experience is that if the Citrix key exists, clearing the cache alone will not enable the new experience view.

    Also, make sure Teams is closed and logged out prior to running the script.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-02-02T22:17:03+00:00

    None of these fixes are working for me. I removed the cache. I renamed the cache. Still no breakout button.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments