Missing icon breakout rooms

Anonymous
2021-01-08T12:40:54+00:00

Hi, 

I'm a teacher using a teams account connected with the school! When I start a meeting in Teams I can't see the icon for the use of breakoutrooms. I checked the microsoft guide for working with the breakout rooms, but I can't get the icon to appear in the meeting. I checked my settings according to the guide and it should work. 

Some tips on how to get the icon in would be much appreciated! :) 

Cheers!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-08T15:55:45+00:00

    $file = 'c:\windows\system32\fixTeamsBreakoutButton.txt'

    #If the file does not exist, create it.
    
    if (-not(Test-Path -Path $file -PathType Leaf)) {
    
      try {
    
    Remove-Item "HKLM:\Software\Citrix\PortICA" -Recurse
    
    Get-ChildItem C:\Users |%{Remove-Item -Path "C:\Users\$_\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams\*" -Force -Recurse}
    
            $null = New-Item -ItemType File -Path $file -Force -ErrorAction Stop
    
        }
    
    catch {
    
             throw $_.Exception.Message
    
         }
    
    }
    

    Hi Alan. In your script above, what is the purpose of creating "FixTeamsBreakoutButton.txt"? My thought is that if the removal of Teams AppData is successful, the file exists. Is that correct? I am curious why it's being created in the system32 folder.

    We are looking into pushing this out via SCCM to run at startup. I am just wondering if we could place the output of the command in that file, though I don't know if SCCM can do anything with it. Possibly instead, it could write a line into a file on a network drive that would include a timestamp, the machine name and the result.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-08-23T14:48:07+00:00

    Because it's the fastest and easiest way. ;)
    It should also be enough to delete the cache folder and the three files: "Cookies + Cookies-journal + storage.json".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-08-23T14:07:18+00:00

    Why does this script delete the contents of the entire Teams folder, instead of just the cache? I'm hesitant to just whack everything in there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-08-23T12:18:54+00:00

    Please see the comments and script posted above.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-08-10T13:52:28+00:00

    Wow, Microsoft did you read this?

    "Open Teams.

    The account logged into teams will be the account you made the copy from. "

    That's a major security hole. A PC admin could take over the CEO's Teams account using this trick. Not good.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments