Missing icon breakout rooms

Anonymous
2021-01-08T12:40:54+00:00

Hi, 

I'm a teacher using a teams account connected with the school! When I start a meeting in Teams I can't see the icon for the use of breakoutrooms. I checked the microsoft guide for working with the breakout rooms, but I can't get the icon to appear in the meeting. I checked my settings according to the guide and it should work. 

Some tips on how to get the icon in would be much appreciated! :) 

Cheers!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-03-14T13:23:49+00:00

    I have exactly the same issue - when i started the session earlier the icon was on the taskbar, and now that i want to use the breakout rooms, the icon's no longer there? I wish ms would spend more on fixing what they develop instead of continually developing new ****!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-08-24T19:33:10+00:00

    The directory rebuilds upon startup, note there are also image directories and other that may also require refreshing. As I noted, the fix I posted also resolves an issue with Video not working correctly in Meet Now meetings in Teams as well. The deletion of the entire contents of the %userdata%\roaming\microsoft\teams directory was also recommended by a Microsoft Teams CE.

    Thanks, Alan. I should have said "renaming the folder" (better than deleting) and, you're right, I experienced no real issues after doing so, other than I had to go into Settings and turn dark mode back on. But I now have the new meeting experience, including breakout rooms! 🙌🏻

    We were also experiencing a Teams video issue, where you couldn't see anyone else's video if Teams was maximized. Had a ticket open with Microsoft, which did not provide a solution, but one day it just started working again. No changes on our side (and we do not use Citrix nor have that folder).

    The wonderful, magical, world of Microsoft. ✨

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-08-23T14:54:54+00:00

    The directory rebuilds upon startup, note there are also image directories and other that may also require refreshing. As I noted, the fix I posted also resolves an issue with Video not working correctly in Meet Now meetings in Teams as well. The deletion of the entire contents of the %userdata%\roaming\microsoft\teams directory was also recommended by a Microsoft Teams CE.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-08-12T19:01:36+00:00

    Linda, it appears that the "Turn on new meeting experience" was removed after a certain point from the Teams Client settings. Not sure what version it was dropped from. Please see Flehman's posts and my response to his response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-08-11T22:08:17+00:00

    nice but the cache I found needed to be deleted was at %appdata%\microsoft\teams

    Otherwise, right on the money! Thanks.

    This also fixed an issue we were having with video in Meet Now meetings. Possibly some other issues as well, we are testing. However I scripted this today to allow it to clear all users cache on a given machine, this must be run as administrator:

    $file = 'c:\windows\system32\fixTeamsBreakoutButton.txt'

    #If the file does not exist, create it.

    if (-not(Test-Path -Path $file -PathType Leaf)) {

      try {

    Remove-Item "HKLM:\Software\Citrix\PortICA" -Recurse
    
    Get-ChildItem C:\Users |%{Remove-Item -Path "C:\Users\$\_\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams\\*" -Force -Recurse}
    

            $null = New-Item -ItemType File -Path $file -Force -ErrorAction Stop

        }

    catch {
    

             throw $_.Exception.Message

         }

    }

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments