Missing icon breakout rooms

Anonymous
2021-01-08T12:40:54+00:00

Hi, 

I'm a teacher using a teams account connected with the school! When I start a meeting in Teams I can't see the icon for the use of breakoutrooms. I checked the microsoft guide for working with the breakout rooms, but I can't get the icon to appear in the meeting. I checked my settings according to the guide and it should work. 

Some tips on how to get the icon in would be much appreciated! :) 

Cheers!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-04T11:31:10+00:00

    Update 2: We have now found out this workaround:

    • Teams Userprofile Install (non .msi)
    • Delete regedit key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Citrix \ PortICA", if available
    • Delete or rename User folder "% LocalAppData% \ Microsoft \ Teams"
    • Login in Teams
      --> breakout room function is available.

    We hope that Microsoft will find the error in the .msi installation and eliminate it soon. I hope it helps you ...

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-02-02T22:17:03+00:00

    None of these fixes are working for me. I removed the cache. I renamed the cache. Still no breakout button.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-17T19:14:08+00:00

    I'm having the same problem. I have used breakouts multiple times with no problem, but today, it is not there. I'm the organizer, and I'm in the desktop app, so I have no idea why this isn't working. Please advise.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-04T16:40:37+00:00

    Hi there,

    We are experiencing a similar issue, but seems to be profile specific.  Our issue is that, on the same computer, if I sign in to a PC the new experience checkbox is available.  However, when my VP logs into the same box, He does not get the check box.  Same Box, Same Teams Version, two different experiences.
    Any thoughts?

    Thanks
    Steve

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-14T09:30:39+00:00

    I have the same issue. Breakout icon intermittent - no confidence or control on whether it will be there. Not ideal when you're planning sessions for multiple guests. I've always been meeting organiser.  Have updated all settings, although interestingly; I don't have the option under settings for 'new meeting experience'.

    Hello, same problem with us in the tenant. Office 365 support has also been researching the cause for several weeks.

    A solution is currently not available. thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments