Missing icon breakout rooms

Anonymous
2021-01-08T12:40:54+00:00

Hi, 

I'm a teacher using a teams account connected with the school! When I start a meeting in Teams I can't see the icon for the use of breakoutrooms. I checked the microsoft guide for working with the breakout rooms, but I can't get the icon to appear in the meeting. I checked my settings according to the guide and it should work. 

Some tips on how to get the icon in would be much appreciated! :) 

Cheers!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-28T07:19:34+00:00

    Hi Linda,

    We experienced a very similar issue on this this week.

    Tests with breakout rooms and with 4 employees worked OK.

    A new meeting was created for 140 attendees by the same origaniser and the meeting was recorded but the breakout rooms button was missing. As we understand it using the recording feature should not affect the availability of breakout rooms

    Any ideas?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-11T07:44:56+00:00

    Hi Linda, 

    Thank you for the quick reply! After some practising with collegues (we all have the latest version and the button for "turn on new meeting experience" switched on) the breakoutroom icon sometimes appears and sometimes it doesn't. We start the meetings within our classroom channels, but we can't seem to figure out why the icon doesn't always appear. It feels like a bug. 

    I very recently reinstalled the whole office pack on my laptop, I assumed this also means that the latest version of teams is updated. Is this true, otherwise that might be someting to look into for me!

    Best,

    Sabine

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-18T14:06:04+00:00

    I have the same issue. Breakout icon intermittent - no confidence or control on whether it will be there. Not ideal when you're planning sessions for multiple guests. I've always been meeting organiser.  Have updated all settings, although interestingly; I don't have the option under settings for 'new meeting experience'.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-04-21T18:09:15+00:00

    Same issue, icon appearing\disappearing at random for meeting organizer.

    Checked some advices, there is one to make sure that the new meeting experience is enabled (Teams -> Settings -> General -> Check “Turn on new meeting experience” but I don't have that option under settings.

    You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.4.00.8872 (64-bit). It was last updated on 4/1/21.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-24T13:49:58+00:00

    I have a total hack that seemed to work, but it is not something I would support or condone, use at your own risk. So, the total hack...

    On a system that works:

    Go to the %appdata%\microsoft\teams

    Copy the entire folder contents to a shared location / usb drive or network share

    On your system

    Go to the %appdata%\microsoft\teams

    DELETE the contents of the folder

    Copy the contents from your shared drive into this location

    Open Teams.

    The account logged into teams will be the account you made the copy from. But, log them out and log in, using your o365 account.

    Poof, It works

    As I said, total hack, but I am 2 for 2 people fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments