Additional assignment-related features and issues within Microsoft Teams for Education
I have never created assignments through OneNote - so this is probably not related.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi there, in some of our Teams, users are unable to upload files to Assignments. They get the error message "There was a problem attaching this file. Please remove and try again".
Additional assignment-related features and issues within Microsoft Teams for Education
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I have never created assignments through OneNote - so this is probably not related.
Thanks for your response. We did determine that creating the assignment in OneNote is what creates this issue.
Your assignment has a OneNote attachment. Did you create the assignment in OneNote? If you did, this is a common error that Microsoft has yet to fix. When you create an assignment in OneNote, you will not be able upload anything else to it, and you get that message.
The work around is to create the assignment in Teams first, then add the OneNote page you want to use.
Hope this helps
I am having the same issue.
I have the same problem with a limited number of Students who cannot attach files to assignments to turn them in. Frustrating.... the error message saying an erorr occured is really helpful as well :-(