Cannot Upload Files to Teams Assignments "There was a problem attaching this file."

Anonymous
2020-04-12T20:21:24+00:00

Hi there, in some of our Teams, users are unable to upload files to Assignments. They get the error message "There was a problem attaching this file. Please remove and try again".

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for education | Assignments | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-11-24T16:40:56+00:00

    Hey, I am having this exact same issue in November. Teams will not upload ANY file. I cannot submit any assignment.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-11-10T22:02:36+00:00

    I was able to solve my problem!

    The student was not listed as having permissions in the Student Work Folder in SharePoint. Once I added him and granted the correct permissions in both the Submitted and Working Files folders it looks like everything is working correctly. I was able to open files and attach work in his Teams Assignments.

    Here is where I found the steps that got me on the correct path:

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/education_ms/forum/all/cant-upload-files-to-assignment/0aad6f7e-ea38-4856-af96-eb770fd8933b

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-11-09T17:22:15+00:00

    guys my word has a problem so please help me resolve it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-11-09T11:18:52+00:00

    i have a problem uploading  attachment in teams assignment  and the problem there is no error code and nothing happens just red box around thxs for helping

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-10-28T15:39:41+00:00

    Thanks for your time and suggestion however this is not the issue. He has been in the class for 2 months and cannot access new assignments. I even created an assignment and assigned it only to him with the same outcome.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments