Volume too loud in Teams IOS when using AirPods Pro even when set to minimum volume

Anonymous
2020-07-15T03:30:15+00:00

Hi all,

Anyone can propose a fix to a loo loud volume in Teams even when volume is set to minimum?

I’m using AirPods Pro to join Teams’ calls through my iphone and/or ipad. The volume is set to absolutely minimum possible and it’s still a too loud to the point of causing pain if connected for a prolongued time.

It seems to be a Teams’ behaviour as the airpods function well in other apps in the same devices, enabling me to further reduce the volume. For context, the 50% volume of other apps sound like the bare minimum volume of Teams..

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Teams on mobile devices

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-19T13:35:38+00:00

    FIXED!

    I have found a way to make the volume quieter.

    Disconnect your Airpod Pro’s from your laptop etc. Connect to your iphone/ipad and open control centre.

    Turn the Airpod volume down (pictured) to half or your desired volume, then connect back to your laptop.

    The volume should now be adjusted. I’m still unable to control the volume through Teams, but at least its quieter!

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-21T23:06:13+00:00

    I am having the same issue. I am teaching remote and to mitigate other background noise in the house, I need to use headphones. I can't use my Airpods (my only headphones) because its crazy loud with 20+ kids talking. My Airpods work well with every other app on my Surface.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-21T23:37:15+00:00

    Hi Melissa, ive also noticed another fault with the airpod pros on Teams. They last for hours on my iphone but only for an hour on Teams. I think Microsoft need to fix this sharpish. If you’re teaching you could try using them with your iphone and having it on a tripod? My wife is a teacher and does the same through teams. If you are presenting, you can still present through your surface and talk through your phone. Bit of a pain in the ****, but its a decent workaround.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-11T10:18:34+00:00

    I do not understand Teams volume setting on iPhone. I would expect to be able to turn volume all the way back to 0 %, if I wanted. I understand that it may confuse a small number of people that volume can be 0, but making everyone's ears ache for that small group is not fair.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-15T15:31:25+00:00

    This works! It's a little annoying because it doesn't save the sound settings, so every time you close and open Teams, you have to make these changes again. But hopefully this can work as a work-around.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnBR4sjYs2w

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments