Volume too loud in Teams IOS when using AirPods Pro even when set to minimum volume

Anonymous
2020-07-15T03:30:15+00:00

Hi all,

Anyone can propose a fix to a loo loud volume in Teams even when volume is set to minimum?

I’m using AirPods Pro to join Teams’ calls through my iphone and/or ipad. The volume is set to absolutely minimum possible and it’s still a too loud to the point of causing pain if connected for a prolongued time.

It seems to be a Teams’ behaviour as the airpods function well in other apps in the same devices, enabling me to further reduce the volume. For context, the 50% volume of other apps sound like the bare minimum volume of Teams..

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Teams on mobile devices

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-12T12:05:56+00:00

    Yes i have this issue with teams on all devices. my windows pc, macbook and iphone. Seems to be a fix that microsoft doesn't care about.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-12T11:59:11+00:00

    NOT FIXED!!!

    This issue is FOR Teams IOs!! Not using on another device.  STILL have the issue where volume is loud on Teams IOS but to people on the call I sound like I'm in a well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-02-15T16:48:59+00:00

    Works perfectly! Just change the mic to the default device (i.e computer), then make sure the headphone is set to stereo. Easy 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-15T15:31:25+00:00

    This works! It's a little annoying because it doesn't save the sound settings, so every time you close and open Teams, you have to make these changes again. But hopefully this can work as a work-around.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnBR4sjYs2w

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-11T10:18:34+00:00

    I do not understand Teams volume setting on iPhone. I would expect to be able to turn volume all the way back to 0 %, if I wanted. I understand that it may confuse a small number of people that volume can be 0, but making everyone's ears ache for that small group is not fair.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments