Volume too loud in Teams IOS when using AirPods Pro even when set to minimum volume

Anonymous
2020-07-15T03:30:15+00:00

Hi all,

Anyone can propose a fix to a loo loud volume in Teams even when volume is set to minimum?

I’m using AirPods Pro to join Teams’ calls through my iphone and/or ipad. The volume is set to absolutely minimum possible and it’s still a too loud to the point of causing pain if connected for a prolongued time.

It seems to be a Teams’ behaviour as the airpods function well in other apps in the same devices, enabling me to further reduce the volume. For context, the 50% volume of other apps sound like the bare minimum volume of Teams..

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Teams on mobile devices

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-15T15:31:25+00:00

    This works! It's a little annoying because it doesn't save the sound settings, so every time you close and open Teams, you have to make these changes again. But hopefully this can work as a work-around.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnBR4sjYs2w

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-02-11T10:18:34+00:00

    I do not understand Teams volume setting on iPhone. I would expect to be able to turn volume all the way back to 0 %, if I wanted. I understand that it may confuse a small number of people that volume can be 0, but making everyone's ears ache for that small group is not fair.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-06T17:03:03+00:00

    Previous posts suggest they are doing this from Teams ios, but using same airpod pro and I also have this volume control on the laptop. you can hear sound reduction yes, but from 100% (way too loud) down to 0% still uncomfortable volume.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-12-01T20:36:12+00:00

    This does not seem to fix the issue.  I believe the issue is with the Teams ios app.  The app for webex does not have this volume loudness issue.  In teams the volume is too loud even on the lowest setting and even using the built in ipad/iphone speakers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-12-01T20:32:09+00:00

    I have the same issue.  Volume on the lowest setting in ipad, teams even using the built in speaker is way too loud.

    I believe it is an issue with the Teams app, since the webex app does not have this volume issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments