Conversations involving multiple participants, allowing collaboration and information sharing in Teams
I found a work around opening teams in the browser instead. Ctrl A, Ctrl C, Ctrl V and done. Such a relief.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Please can you tell me how to export a chat that went on during a 4 hour teams meeting? It is too long to copy and paste screen by screen and I need to be able to copy it into a word document. Control A doesn't work and neither does holding the mouse down and trying to copy it all.
Thanks.
Conversations involving multiple participants, allowing collaboration and information sharing in Teams
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I found a work around opening teams in the browser instead. Ctrl A, Ctrl C, Ctrl V and done. Such a relief.
I found a work around opening teams in the browser instead. Ctrl A, Ctrl C, Ctrl V and done. Such a relief.
Oh my goodness - I can't wait to go try this.
Thank you so much.
Trying now - there must be a little more to it. Which browser are you using? Using Chrome and Edge, I have a very large chat displayed. Ctrl A does nothing. Hoping there was something simple omitted from your steps. Thanks!
OK, I've gone back today and ran in to some problems, I'd noticed I hadn't actually grabbed the entire chat (it was a very long chat) so was going back to get the remaining text.
I was struggling with the Ctrl A, but after a few experiments, I found that if you are clicked inside the name of the chat - i.e. top left of the chat Ctrl A does enable you to select all, and you can copy and paste. I just happened to have had my cursor there yesterday by sheer chance, and it actually works the same in the desktop version. However what's copied and pasted seems a bit haphazard on closer inspection. I've still got the bulk of the conversation, but am missing bits*, and bits of other chats are also pulled in. It's still going to be a huge time saver for me for what I need to do.
My fall back is going to be taking photos on my phone and using text recognition, which seems ridiculously complicated for something that should just be copy and paste. I feel there might by something that could be done do get the text out of the HTML, but image to text will probably be quicker for me.
*Edit - Scrolling up and down when you press Ctrl A allows you to grab different parts of the conversation. Stitching it together is still a bit of a pain but much better than 1 by 1.
Microsoft, get the copy ability from the chat window back! it is impossible to copy all the attendee's records and chat text now but was possible before.