Export chat from a Teams meeting

Anonymous
2020-07-02T19:42:24+00:00

Please can  you tell me how to export a chat that went on during a 4 hour teams meeting? It is too long to copy and paste screen by screen and I need to be able to copy it into a word document. Control A doesn't work and neither does holding the mouse down and trying to copy it all.

Thanks.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-12-23T19:05:07+00:00

    Unfortunately, this doesn't work for meetings that happen outside of a teams channel. I know, I have tried repeatedly, and the only option that works is a really labor intensive copy and paste process.

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-15T15:42:24+00:00

    Thanks Eric. It is so frustrating. I feel like I am in the '90s trying to copy and paste the discussion string out of a meeting discussion. easier to do on a private chat.

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-27T14:28:01+00:00

    Hi Abigail

    I've found a way! Although someone referred to a meeting not in a channel?! I didn't see you mention that yours was outside of a channel, but if so this probably won't work sorry!

    In the Channel, in Posts, you have the meeting:

    Hover over the 3 dots highlighted and the emojis appear and another 3 dots. Click those 3 dots.

    Then select Share to Outlook.

    I thank you!
    Davin

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-03T19:14:52+00:00

    Hi, Davin, have you come across a way to send an entire chat thread to Outlook? I was able to select just a line, as you show, and send it to outlook, but I'm hoping for the entire chat. TIA!

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-02T17:38:47+00:00

    that only works for one chat entry at a time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments