Export chat from a Teams meeting

Anonymous
2020-07-02T19:42:24+00:00

Please can  you tell me how to export a chat that went on during a 4 hour teams meeting? It is too long to copy and paste screen by screen and I need to be able to copy it into a word document. Control A doesn't work and neither does holding the mouse down and trying to copy it all.

Thanks.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-02T20:01:01+00:00

    Abigail,

    There is a chat pop out feature that will allow you to Ctrl-A and copy and paste into a word doc. I just tested it successfully.

    Thanks,

    Brian

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-03T08:10:02+00:00

    Hi Brian,

    Thanks - I can't see how to get the chat to pop out and also I seem to have different options to you on my version when I go back to rejoin the original meeting. The chat button just makes the chat box appear on the side and I can't use control A successfully. Any suggestions?

    Thanks,

    Abigail

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-03T13:07:23+00:00

    Thanks for the update Aibgail. There is a search field top center of your Teams app. Can you type /pop in that field and press Enter followed by selecting the chat you would like to copy. It should pop this chat out to another window allowing you to Ctrl-A and Ctrl-C to copy.

    Thanks,

    Brian

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-03T17:15:56+00:00

    Hi thank you for the suggestion. 

    When I typed in pop, the only options that came up were people, none of the chats so maybe we don't have this option yet?

    Thanks,

    Abigail

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Didi 15,515 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-07-05T00:40:07+00:00

    Hi AbigailEEC,

    My name is Didi, an Independent Advisor.

    We can use the Content Search eDiscovery tool in the compliance center in Office 365 or Microsoft 365 to search for in-place items such as instant messaging conversations, email, and documents in our organization.

    You may contact your Office 365 admin to help you export them.

    Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/fo...

    Content search:

    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/...

    I hope this helps.

    Regards,

    Didi

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments