Export chat from a Teams meeting

Anonymous
2020-07-02T19:42:24+00:00

Please can  you tell me how to export a chat that went on during a 4 hour teams meeting? It is too long to copy and paste screen by screen and I need to be able to copy it into a word document. Control A doesn't work and neither does holding the mouse down and trying to copy it all.

Thanks.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-27T12:19:32+00:00

    Microsoft PLEASE sort this out - tried all the suggestions so far, but experiencing the same issues as everyone else. It shouldn't be this difficult!

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-12T21:26:30+00:00

    Hmmm...

    Maybe it's simpler because I'm on a Mac.

    1. Select the pieces of the chat you want to capture
    2. Copy
    3. Paste into wherever

    I can do that much as well, but I would like to download the entire chat it as if it were a meeting transcript. The resulting format of cutting and pasting from chat is just dreadful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-12T21:15:48+00:00

    Hmmm...

    Maybe it's simpler because I'm on a Mac.

    1. Select the pieces of the chat you want to capture
    2. Copy
    3. Paste into wherever

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-06-13T15:49:09+00:00

    I feel like the solution here is for someone to take this on as a coding challenge:

    1. Find out where the content is stored. (It has to be somewhere!)
    2. Copy to a download file or the clipboard.

    Any takers?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-06-13T15:37:50+00:00

    Hi there,

    The Ctrl+A and copy and paste method doesn't work. It doesn't copy from the beginning of the chat to the end. It copies from a certain point which I can't quite figure out how MS Teams decides. I've scrolled all the way to the beginning of the chat (July 2020) and using my mouse, highlighted all the text until the end of the chat (December 2021) and I still only get portions.

    Do you know why and how I can get around that? My only solution is to copy and paste portions at a time to ensure I have it all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments