Export chat from a Teams meeting

Anonymous
2020-07-02T19:42:24+00:00

Please can  you tell me how to export a chat that went on during a 4 hour teams meeting? It is too long to copy and paste screen by screen and I need to be able to copy it into a word document. Control A doesn't work and neither does holding the mouse down and trying to copy it all.

Thanks.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-31T03:09:31+00:00

    I just want to point out that people seem to be referring to different scenarios in this thread. Specifically I'm looking for a feature where you can export or at minimum select all of the chat and copy / paste. This would be for a meeting that is NOT within a TEAMs channel (which is very common). I tried to click on the link to "upvote" the suggestion but I get a 404 error (does MS think they have fixed this?).

    Our organization's IT policies do not record / store conversations (I won't go into the reasons) so I'm asking if this is part of the issue?

    Honestly, I'm shocked that something so basic has not yet been addressed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-12T15:50:16+00:00

    Thank you so much! Phew... learn something new every day!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-12-01T11:06:28+00:00

    Thanks - was struggling with this after having told someone I'd send him the chat from a meeting we'd been in, but he was a guest, so couldn't see it. Unlike other tools we use which can include the chat in the recording, (Collaborate - which is primarily for teaching) or those that you can export the chat (Zoom), teams is a bit lacking in this area.

    And, I agree with the Edit: that's what I found - the chat's too long to grab all at once, so I had to do it in sections, which took a bit of time, but, as you say, easier than doing it all at once!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-09-13T08:58:41+00:00

    Hi everyone,

    I'm running the Teams app on Apple Mac.

    I found the meeting in the channel posts.

    Clicked on three dots at top right corner of the original meeting invite message.

    'Share to Outlook' worked!!

    All chat messages including profile photos, web-links shared etc all transcribed into an email in the same format as displayed in the Teams app 👍

    Hope you all can get this sorted too

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-08-25T16:09:44+00:00

    This option does include text, but does not capture any images (screenshots) that are essential to the copy and paste of info. :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments