Export chat from a Teams meeting

Anonymous
2020-07-02T19:42:24+00:00

Please can  you tell me how to export a chat that went on during a 4 hour teams meeting? It is too long to copy and paste screen by screen and I need to be able to copy it into a word document. Control A doesn't work and neither does holding the mouse down and trying to copy it all.

Thanks.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-19T18:57:33+00:00

    This still doesn't work. Why not have an export chat feature? I can select it all and copy and it still doesn't select all. Teams meeting, not an inside chat discussion, and short of digging it out of the backend there isn't another option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-06-05T13:33:46+00:00

    Does not export the graphics

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-28T09:02:10+00:00

    This doesn't work for me. CTRL-A only goes back so many pages. If the chat is 10's of pages this doesn't work.

    Microsoft please please provide ability to export.

    This is basic stuff really!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-31T15:15:04+00:00

    I think this particular question deals with chats and/or meeting chats that ARE within a team's channel. I'm working within teams, and sometimes I need to capture the chats that are NOT a meeting, and sometimes I need to capture the chat that is within a meeting but is not the recorded transcript.

    Someone above suggests going to the web browser version of Teams, using ctrl A, ctrl C, then ctrl V to paste elsewhere, but my result is just a small part of the chat, not the entire chat, so that doesn't work for me.

    To CyndiLW, not sure if I understand - if your chat is not within Teams, where is the chat that you are trying to copy? Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-31T14:43:05+00:00

    Yes, that link is broken. 😢

    Further, I searched the Feedback forum for copy paste and found 50 items.

    I suppose we should all go there and find the one or 2 items that we find useful for our own concerns and upvote them.

    The one that spoke to me most had 0 votes so far.

    https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/7741683c-1d5c-ed11-a81b-000d3a7e4185

    Please all go there and upvote it before it disappears! 😭

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments